Chapter 30

Jason's POV

Speeding down the street to Christine's apartment, I ignore Mal calling me yet again. I may or may not have left her. But only because I didn't want her to make the situation about her, if she saw me showing some affection to Christine- if she so happens to need it. Rolling my eyes at her constant calling, messaging, facetiming, and sending one single email to email to me, I continue my driving. Sheesh, she's turning into me. I guess it's true what some people say, couples tend to act alike when they're involved with each other for a certain period of time. She's becoming more and more possessive each and every day we're together. I make a right on Christine's block, straightaway going to find an open spot for me to park.

After I parked as best as I can, I locked my car doors, making my way across the street to her apartment building. She had told me to come to her place, which is very odd if her son is in dire need of medical attention. He could possibly die if she's waited too long to get him to the hospital. Shaking that thought away from my head, I continue the short journey to apartment 5, so I could see what's going on. As soon as I make it to her door, I begin to ring her door bell crazily, just needing to see how's everything going. She opens the door quickly, wiping her watery eyes.

"Jason." She looks at me, sniffing lightly and sounding all nasally. "Hey, what's going on? I came over here as fast as I could." I look around her through the door, but there wasn't any sign of Dylan.

"Where is Dylan, Christine? You said he had an accident, where is he?" Panic surges through my entire body, because I don't see the little boy. "He's inside, come on in." She lets a lone tear fall down her face, when she turns around to lead the way inside.

I notice her apartment is still nasty as hell, yet it doesn't really have a stench like last time. She for sure still has roaches, even worse from the three years ago since I've been here. I so badly want to clean this dump up, but I have to worry about why I'm actually here.

"Jason, um, I'll go get Dylan." I nod, watching as she walks away. Damn, she's letting herself go. What's going on with her? "Ooh I'm itching, I'm itching. It's nasty as hell in this bitch." I scratch my arm, ticking at the junk around me.

"Jason!" I hear a familiar voice, along with feet padding against the flooring. "Dylan?" I turn around, looking confusingly at an okay and well looking Dylan.

I pull my attention to Christine, staring at her irritated and confusingly. She sees my facial expression, giving me a pained face. I huff, bending down to give Dylan a big hug. He smells as if he just took a bath or a shower. That's at least she can do- is give herself and her child a bath.

"How are you doing buddy, are you okay?" I ruffle his brown hair, smiling down at him. "Uh huh I am okay, I have a lot of homework, and my daddy doesn't like when I-" Christine pulling him away, and sending him out of the room sends red flags for me. "What is he talking about, his daddy? I thought he was dead, well unless you're dating someone else?" I shrug, not really caring about her dating life.

"Jason I have to tell you something important, and I don't know how you're going to take it. So you might want to take a seat." She crosses her arms over her chest, biting down on her bottom lip. "What the hell is going on Christine?" I grow a tad worried, looking for anywhere to sit down instead of her filthy stain covered couch.

I decide to sit on her coffee table, seeing that it's the only clean item in this place. I guess she notices me looking around, and looks at me embarrassed as can be.

"Well?" I probe, seeing that she hasn't said anything. She just taps her feet on her dirty carpet, nervous as hell. "Jason, we have a child together." My whole body goes completely still at what she just said.