Chapter 23

Malarie's POV

One week later

"I'm nervous, I'm so damn nervous." Jason bounces his leg up and down, holding onto my hand for dear life. "It's okay Jase, calm down." I assure him, giving his hand a light squeeze.

"Malarie, how am I supposed to calm down when I'm in the waiting room to see my therapist? A therapist who can literally read through all of my lies, a therapist who's going to want to know what I've been doing these last two months." He whisper yells in complete nervousness, with his free hand running through his slightly tousled hair. "I understand that, but you have to relax and take a deep breath. We already got a bit too mouthy with each other this morning, and I don't want us to curse each other out again... in the waiting room with a crowd present." I look at him, giving his hand another squeeze.

"Yeah, you're right. I hate when we call each other horrible names, it literally makes me feel like nothing." He continues to whisper, placing a gentle kiss on my hand. "It makes me feel like crap, too." I admit, unclenching our hands so I can rub his thigh affectionately.

Let's just say, I was a real bitch and he was an asshole this morning. Although, he started our argument with him complaining about me not being able to cook him food. I would... if I could stand up and walk around. His mother has been so patient and kind enough to cook us meals when she can. But, she's been seeing a man for the past month, and Jason and Alex hates it.   Personally I think she should be happy and date whoever she wants to date. We all don't know much about him, just that he's a divorced father of one son, and he works for some corporation dealing with oil. He sounds okay I guess, it's just Alex and Jason are paranoid as hell.

"Jason McCann." An older nurse calls Jason's name, snapping us both out of our thoughts. "Okay. Come on babe." He gets up, beginning to push me towards the door.

The nurse leads us to the office that helps and scares the complete shit out of Jason... and me. I decided I would take up Carl's offer of seeing him as well, along with us going to couple counseling he holds every Thursday. We need it as soon as possible, before we say or do something we'll regret to each other. I know he's very capable of killing, so I just want to get us some help. I also know I'm capable of killing him... mentally and emotionally. That's one of my biggest fears of him dying from. God forbid we ever separate from each other, because he would literally die of a broken heart, or loneliness. He can't live without me... he has told me many of times. He once admitted, that he wasn't living when he was younger, until I came into his life.

"Do you know you're my favorite girl? Well, apart from my mom and two daughters. But I love you Mal, I love you with all my heart." Jason leans down whispering in my ear, still managing to push me. "You're so damn sweet, you loser." I turn my head to peck his cheek.

"Hm, so I've heard." He responds cockily, causing me to giggle like a little girl. "Stop it, Jase." He grumbles cutely, poking my boob twice, only making me gasp in shock.

He chuckles lightly, continuing to follow the nurse to our designated room for our two hour, and thirty minute appointment. She opens the door to the therapy room, letting us settle down- well Jason, settle down in his comfy soft chair. I on the other hand, stay sitting in my uncomfortable metal wheelchair. Bleh, I hate this damn chair so much. I'm hoping and praying to be out of this thing. It sucks, I can't do anything without someone helping me. I'm literally dependent on everyone around me- including my poor children. Just yesterday morning, I had to embarrassingly call Pattie to take me to the bathroom. Jason has been the only one who's helped me in that department, and I was embarrassed I had to ask Pattie to sit me on the toilet. She didn't see anything wrong about it, but I did.