Chapter 40

Malarie's POV

I stare ahead of me, not being able to contain the huge smile plastered on my face. I don't know why- I mean I clearly know why; he did major work on my body. I just can't seem to... stop. I feel Jason's hand grasps my thigh, softly rubbing it. I immediately smile to myself, so badly attempting to contain the blush I know I have on my cheeks. I hear a light chuckle from the side of me, just knowing it's his teasing ass.

"You know, I had a fantastic time earlier." He rasps, quickly clearing his throat. He may or may not have been screaming out my name. "Yeah? Well so did I." I still stay focused on looking out my window, wanting the warm feeling in my cheeks to go away already.

"You really showed me how much you truly love me; I mean not that you haven't showed me before. It's just when you were speaking so nicely about the costume earlier, you made me feel less insecure, and more confident. Thank you my Seedless Watermelon Piece." Jason coos as if he's talking to a baby, with me rolling my eyes at his horrid nickname for me. "Ew babe, please stop, just please stop. Oh, and you are very welcome; thank you for showing me how loving and caring you can be to my body." I look at him, not really caring if my cheeks displayed a pinkish looking color. I guess they are, because he gives me a grin in triumph.

"You're welcome. I kind of had to though, I'm tired of the rough stuff. Lately we've been so lovey dovey, and I actually like that. I like not being in the doghouse all the time, it's a really good feeling to get along with your partner for once." He sighs in content, along with me nodding in agreement with him. "Yeah, it is a good feeling. To be honest, I think finding out about Joel has made us stronger." Nothing but truthfulness comes out of my mouth, making him smile happily.

"Yeah." That's all he can say; I'm guessing because he's smiling and blushing too much to say more. "You're cute." Chuckling at him, he nods his head shyly.

We continue our drive to the children's school; talking amongst one another, laughing, cracking jokes, holding hands, and every now again, receiving a kiss from Jason every time a red light comes in display. He's so amazing, and he's changed so much. I know he doesn't really see it... but I do.

"We're finally here, all late and shit." Jason's chuckle pulls my attention to the kids' school, with him circling around the parking lot to find a space for our car. "Better late than never, though." I roll up my window, getting prepared to get out when he's done parking the car.

"Alright, I got it," Jason turns off the ignition, opening up his door to look at how he parked the car. "Fuck yeah, it's parked sexy as hell too." He gets all hyped up about him parking his car, with me rolling my eyes at his cockiness.

"Will you come on, we're already late getting here," I motion him over to me, making him jog over to my side and intertwine our fingers together. "Plus, we have to help your mom hand out candies to all of the neighborhood children." I add, realizing I shouldn't have.

"She can hand out candies by herself, she doesn't need our help. We have to take our kids out trick-or-treating tonight anyway." He gives me a little attitude. "Jase, we'll still take the children out trick-or-treating, it's just she wanted them to help her pass out the candy first." I attempt to get through to him, all while we walk through the front office.

"I don't know, I'm not really feeling her presence right now." He speaks bitterly, sighing us in on the visitor's sheet. "Here you go; two for you." An elderly woman gives myself and Jason a yellow sticker badge that says visitors on it.

We make sure to be polite to our elders, saying thank you to her. Once we walked out of the main office and unto the school campus, we peeled back the paper on the visitors pass, placing the sticky part on our shirts. I always liked getting these visitors passes; whether I'm at the hospital, a school, or even an event. I feel as if I'm in a cool kid, or something.