Chapter 58

Jason's POV

The next day: 6:00 pm, December 11

I groan loudly, clutching the side of my head as I try to focus on my driving down the highway, instead of my severe headache I'm having at the moment. Some may know it to be a damn hangover! Gosh, I do this to myself every single time I drink. But this time around I was completely wasted to the max. On top of my killer headache, I am exhausted and to sleep in my bed. But before it all, I need a major shower to wash off all this stench of alcohol lingering on my body... and my breath.

I blink my eyes several times, trying not to fall asleep at the wheel. Putting myself in danger I swerve in and out of traffic, getting a little squeal from Mal sitting in the backseat. Ugh, I forgot she's in this car with me. I am even more pissed with her, than I was earlier today on the plane. Long story short, she wouldn't let me have that conversation I wanted with her... like at all. I knocked, banged, kicked, even threw my body at the door of the cockpit multiple times. Not only did she not open up, but Kenny and Ruben didn't let me in either. They said she was sleeping, but I heard her softly crying. I wasn't going to hurt her... anymore. I just wanted to talk, even if I was shit face drunk.

"Shit." I mumble to myself, coming to a stop light. "D-do you want me to drive? I w-will if you need me to." I hear her stupid voice from b hind me, totally ignoring her. Well I tried to; she feels the need to ask again.

"Huh? Do you need me to take over?" She leans up on the hand rest, in the middle of the driver and passenger seat. "No I do not." I step on the gas hard, seeing the light has turned green.

She harshly flies back, grunting as her body makes contact with her seat. See, that's what happens when you worry about the driver, and not have your seatbelt on. She repeats 'ow' for a little while, but then it stops once I guess she doesn't feel pain any longer. As I am speeding down the road, I finally hear her seatbelt click in place. I know that's right; I am driving like a damn maniac out here on these streets.

Still feeling extremely sleep deprived, I roll down all the windows in my car, and turn up the radio to the maximum. The music is so loud I can feel the base pounding in my chest, and the vibrations buzzing all around me. While I sing and dance in my seat, I will myself not to look at her, but I do. I glance up in my rear view mirror, seeing her bundled up trying to keep herself warm, all while she stares out her opened window looking sadly.

"Cause' I don't trust these women," I sing loudly, making sure to look into the rear view mirror at Mal. "I don't, I don't trust these women, cause' they might have me slipping. You're NOT the only one." I point to Mal, changing up some of the lyrics as I sing angrily.

She put on a front of not paying me any mind, but I know for a fact she wants to look at me... even speak to me. I refuse to though, she is in so much trouble and I am going to get down to the bottom of this. If I have to chain her to a bed and place snakes all over her entire body... I will get the truth out. I have recently found out that she is tremendously afraid of snakes; so why not use that to my advantage.

I chuckle to myself at the thought of her screaming in utter fright, at the sight of many of snakes all over her body. Man, maybe I should go get some later on today to test out this little theory– experiment. Shaking my head at my cruel thinking, I turn down the radio and roll up all the windows, making a left turn on our block. I know if I have the radio blasting and all the windows down, Mrs. De Luca will for sure have a hissy fit... like always.

Today– man today, I am definitely not in the mood or the right mindset to be cursed out in Italian... or whatever the hell she says to me in her thick non English accent. I just know I will blow up on the old bitch if she says anything to me. She always has a smart remark every time she sees me, the guys, Patricia, or Malarie, and the children. I think she doesn't like how we have one of the biggest homes on the block, along with all the people who lives with me. I don't give a fuck though, that's my family. All she needs to worry about is her hideous looking garden, and leave all of us the hell alone. She's super nosey... and she's ugly looking too.