Chapter 2

Malarie's POV

One week later: Friday

"Jason, baby please let me go. I have to do my homework." Jason shakes his head, holding onto my body from behind. "N-no Malarie, don't leave me alone again." I huff lightly, stopping my attempt to do my hard college level Algebra II.

Long story short, I went to school today without warning Jason of my whereabouts, and he went completely panic mode. He blew up my phone with calls, messages, voicemails, and FaceTime request. I had to step out of my English lecture, to answer his non stop calls. When I did answer, his voice was all strained and hoarse. He kept stuttering, and repeating himself. A full blown panic attack. I've never heard him this vulnerable and scared before. It was strange, and not Jason McCann like.

I didn't mean to leave him alone, but I didn't want to wake him from his deep slumber. He was cuddled up in the blankets, sleeping peacefully. I did leave him a note on his bedside table. But I guess him being all panicked, he didn't see it. I quickly excused myself from class, scurrying out as fast as my pregnant legs could get me.

When I got home, walking into the door, Jason was frantically pacing back and forth. Right there waiting on me. I couldn't even get a word out, before he scooped me up in his arms, walking us to the couch. Where he held me, clutching and unclutching the back of my shirt. He wouldn't let me go for nothing, not even to pee. The most privacy I got was him coming in with me... holding my hand. I felt as if that was way too much, so we promised for him to wait outside the bathroom for me. When I had to go again.

What happened to my baby in prison? What's wrong with him? This is not my Jason. He's never afraid of being alone.

"Jason can I go pee, I really have to go. Your son and daughter are literally always on top my bladder." He clung to me with his legs wrapped around me, holding onto my belly with his big hands. "Stay here with me." Wiggling in his embrace, I elbowed him in his stomach gently. He let go, wincing.

"I'm sorry babe, but I have to pee really bad." I struggle to get off the recliner, briskly walking to our hallway bathroom. "Oh my gosh, I'm not going to make it." I hold my crotch, getting to the bathroom.

I shimmy my maternity jeans down, quickly taking a seat on the toilet. I close my my eyes, letting my bladder ease on out of me, in nothing but relief. I needed this few seconds to myself. I love my Jason, I truly do. But he's been cutely clingy, and borderline depressed. I don't know what to do to make him feel better.

Finishing up my business, along with washing my hands thoroughly, I take a deep breath opening the bathroom door. Just for my lost looking Jason to be standing by the door, pacing back and forth. He stopped once he saw my presence, giving me a sympathetic look. I smile, letting him know I don't mind. Grabbing his hand, I lead us back into the living room.

:::

"And, finished." Jason murmured so very cutely, handing over my completed math homework. "Thank you hon." I kiss him on his cheek, making him blush.

"You're welcome Malarie." He eats a handful of his Cheetos, looking at the tv screen. "But babe, I have to learn to do it myself. You only wanted to do my homework, so I could play in your hair, and cuddle you." I rub my hand over his shirt covered chest.

"I don't want you to stress out." He turned to face me, giving me a small closed mouth smile. "You're right, I only would've stressed." Attempting to keep my pregnancy hormones at bay, I rub my hands up his chest.

I miss my old Jason. Not the abusive, or mean part of him. But the one who cuddles me when I'm feeling down, or when he gives me lots of sweet kisses. Shy Jason doesn't do that- he doesn't even kiss me on the cheek. I'm not complaining whatsoever, though I hope he starts doing all that again. I'm feeling a little bit neglected.