Chapter 47

Jason's POV

Next morning

"Then we all played lots and lots of fun video games, but Uncle Greg kept hogging it all to himself." Tasha boasts, but then gets saddened as she explains Greg's lack of sharing skills. I give him one job to watch the kids... and he plays their video games instead. "Well I'm sure Uncle Greg didn't mean to not share; maybe he wanted to play the games just as much you all wanted to play." I assure her, pouring the pancake mix into the stainless steel pan.

Since our children remembered what Mal and I said about being home when they wake up; they took us literally, and came running and yelling in our room... at eight this morning. They were so loud, and so glad to see us, they decided to jump all over our bed, and somehow taking Ariel and Jasper out of their cribs. Since Mal's a very light sleeper–not when she's drunk– I still chose to take the children out of our room, being half sleep myself.

Now everyone and their Grandmother knows I am not a morning person, though I still got up and entertained my children to the best of my abilities. Damn did I wake up fast as ever; the constant, "Daddy I want to be an airplane too", or "He/she is hitting me, so I'm going to hit them back." Man, they are some cool kids.

"Can we have eggs too, dad?" Joel mumbles from the side of me, lightly tugging on my pajama pants. "You want eggs?" I concentrate on another pancake forming, before I look down at Joel's big brown eyes.

"Yes, please." He speaks softly, using his manners so well. That's my boy. "Alright then, I can make some eggs for breakfast. I'll even make sure you have a nice amount, how's that?" I bend down to his level, getting a smile in return.

"That would be awesome!" He shouts loudly, beating his chest like Tarzan. Then soon enough he's running towards the twins in their high chairs. "I love that kid." I chuckle to myself, going back to making the household some breakfast.

I finish up with three plates of stacked pancakes, knowing my family eats a lot of food, and will probably want seconds... or thirds. Making the pan of scrambled eggs wasn't so bad; if anything it was pretty easy. Jacob would hand me an egg to crack, and Joel would help me prepare them. My Tasha Star even helped grate the cheddar cheese for me. All of us in this house, loves cheese on top of our eggs.

The whole time making this huge ass breakfast for everyone, I couldn't stop smiling, I couldn't stop laughing, I couldn't stop making little jokes, I couldn't even contain my dancing around the kitchen. It's all Trapezoid's fault– as better known as my Joel. I decided he needed a shape nickname like Tasha and Jake, so I gave him one. Now I have my Hexagon (Tasha), of course my mighty Octagon (Jacob), and Trapezoid (Joel). Pretty cool if you ask me. Now I cannot forget my two precious car nicknames for the twins. I have Ferrari (Jasper), and my cute little Audi (Ariel). I'm so damn weird, but no one cannot deny that those names are bomb as fuck.

Anyway, back to what I was talking about, before I easily got distracted. Joel suggested we plug in my iPhone into the dock in the kitchen, so we could listen to music as we cook. I of course thought it was a good idea, and agreed with it. Now my music taste isn't child friendly at all, so I had to search really hard, just to find something appropriate for their innocent ears. I even took the extra mile to create a new playlist, making sure to label it under: 'Music for Kids Ears'.

"Daddy sing the next part, sing it!" Tash shakes her hips from side to side, pointing at me with a spatula. "I will sing it for him!" Jacob shouts loudly, standing on top of the table.

"No, not you, Jake! Let daddy sing it." Tasha yells at her brother, trying to grab him. "I got the moves like JAGGER!" He practically shouts the lyrics out, using his little thumb as his microphone.