Chapter 27

Malarie's POV

"Honey I'm home," He whispers, slowly walking over to me.

I don't say anything, which makes him sigh, and take a seat next to me. "Babe, aren't you glad to see me, as much as I'm glad to see you?" His voice comes out saddened, but little does he know I'm feeling a bit frisky by his sight.

"Your hair." That's all I can say, seeing that his hair is not platinum blonde anymore. "My hair? Look at your hair, all lightened and cut." He takes a seat, reaching out to touch a strand of my hair.

His hair isn't as platinum blonde as it was before, but it's a nice funky golden looking color. I also noticed its cut shorter on the sides, leaving the middle portion all long. I bet he can wear a tiny man bun with this hairstyle. The snapping of his fingers pulls my attention back to his gorgeous looking face.

"Did you hear me?" I turn to Jase, shaking my head in a dumbfounded way. "No, I'm sorry about that. What did you say?" I cover my face, shaking my head in embarrassment. He only chuckles, shooing Za away.

"Fine then." Za grumbles, stalking out of the living room. "I said, I've missed you, and this is for you." He holds up the huge cookie, taking Ariel out my arms.

"I have missed you too, more than you'll ever know." I shrug, admitting to my statement, as well as taking the cookie from him. "Hmm, doesn't really seem like it." He turns me to face him, leaning in to kiss me.

"I do mi-" I'm cut off by my name being called loudly. "Mommy!" Jacob runs up to me, all curly hair free! I gasp, instantly placing my hand on his short cut hair.

"Shit." Jason mumbles under his breath, meeting my angry eyes. "Where is all of his curly hair, Jason?" I speak through tightly clenched teeth, wanting to stay calm. Maybe Jake cut his on hair? Hell no, Jason did this!

"On the ground of a barbershop in California." He nervously chuckles, thinking cutting our son's hair is funny. "Why is that Jason?" I adjust Jasper in my arms, staring daggers at Jason.

"He needed a haircut so we got one together, and boy was he a champ about it." I roll my eyes, seeing Jason run his hand along Jacob's head. "Why didn't you call me, or ask if I was okay with his hair being cut?" I smile at Jacob, focusing my glare back on Jason.

"I didn't need to." His simple answer makes me mad. "Well you should've, he's just as much mines he is yours." I kiss Jacob's head, telling him to go get Tasha.

"I don't have to tell you nothing I do with my, kid." He waits until Jacob leaves to raise his voice at me. "Yes you do, because he's my child too. I've carried him for seven months in my stomach, and raised him for three years when you weren't there." I know my words may have come off hurtful, but he needed to hear it.

"You're such a bi-" A screech, along with feet padding against the wood flooring interrupts his words. "Hi daddy, hi daddy!" Tasha hugs Jason, kissing his cheeks.

"Hi my big girl, how are you?" He pushes away his angry face, giving her a kiss on her forehead. "I've been really good, I just missed you so much." She smiles widely, playing with his nicely done hair.

"I missed you too, my baby girl. What were you all up to?" He smiles at her, but stares blankly at me. "Ooh, me and mommy had a great girls time. We got our fingernails and toenails done, we went to the movies, ate a banana spilt, and we got a visit from mama's partner and-" He raises his hand, cutting her off.

"Mommy had a partner come over? Hmm, what's their name?" He quizzes our daughter, staring angrily at my eye roll. "Oh her partner, Quincy. He's really nice dad, he showed me how to juggle apples." She smiles brightly, making him lowly growl. I know it was a growl, because he's tapping his foot on the ground, annoyed.