Chapter 24

Jason's POV

Three weeks later: October 1st

"Baby girl, you're so damn fine though. I'm trying to know if I could hit it from behind though. I'm sipping on you like some fine wine though, and when it's over, I press rewind though!" Jacob and I sing along to the music, as we drive to a car shop called West Coast Customs.

This car shop so happens to be in Corona, California. That's about four hours and seven minutes driving from Las Vegas, Nevada. You ask why I just didn't take my jet plane. Well the answer is simple... it would take the fun out of spending time with my son. Plus it's our little road trip together and, I want him to get the full experience of us having some father and son time. Even if it's for only two days. We'll be back home on Sunday evening, ready for him to go to school the next day on Monday. Now if you think I had it easy with convincing Malarie about my mission to get a new car, you're sadly mistaken. Boy was she pissed to hear I was getting another car... along with it being in California. She went as far as telling Jacob one thing, while I told him another. He looked so confused running to her, then running to me. We're both stubborn, so we kept doing that until Cal rolled her away somewhere. With her cursing him out, as well as me.

She literally thinks I'm going to cheat on her, with our son around. Not that I would cheat on her even if he wasn't with me. I'm older and wiser now, and I don't know how many times I can tell her I'm not going to cheat, and or mess around with other women anymore. All she said was 'seeing is believing'. With me responding with, "I'll show you, and love me... please?" That only got me a middle finger, making me gasp, lovingly attacking her face with several wet kisses. Especially on her little lips, which she so happily obliged by giving me some back. She looked so sad and nervous when we pulled away from each other. That's the face on her I truly dislike.

I can't blame anyone but myself, because I've made her into this paranoid insecure woman. Shit, I have my insecurities as well. I absolutely hate how she has to go to school with other men, and have to be around them as well. At one point I demanded she transfer to an all-girls school, which just got me a smack to my chest. I'm also insecure- scratch that, I am absolutely terrified she'll fall in love with an overly preppy college boy. She says she wouldn't, but somehow I don't believe her all that much. Especially since she's been talking to this new found Kyle guy, she's recently gotten partnered with. She was able to enroll into late classes this term, due to her medical situation. In her Business Communications class it's required to work with a partner. So since my baby wasn't there, that Kyle guy offered to be her partner.

"I got a block in my 'rari, teventeen tots, no thirty eight." Jacob sings the lyrics incorrectly, snapping me out my deep thoughts. "I got a Glock in my 'rari, seventeen shots, no thirty eight." I sing along with him, smirking wickedly. I sure do have a glock in this Ferrari.

"Dad, what's a block in my 'rari?" He looks at me through the rear view mirror, bobbing his head, making me smile proudly. "Well son, um, that's a gu- that's those Lego blocks you have at home." I nod my head, hoping my slip up wasn't heard by him.

"I know those!" He shouts, bouncing up and down in his chair. "I know you do." I exit the freeway, making my way to the shop.

A sudden, yet very important thought came to my mind, quickly making me pull over to the side of the rode. I reach behind my seat, grabbing my backpack. Digging inside, I take out my three bottles of pills, quickly pouring one each into my hand. I was aware of my son watching me, but I have to take them. I would literally kill myself if I do something to him, or have him witness me harming someone. Not that I think I would, I feel as if I've been fighting back the urge to "lash out". I've been real good about taking my medicine these past three weeks- well, if you say me scolding myself into taking them, that is. Ever since the day me and Mal saw Carl, something in me wanted to be better, wanting my family to be proud of me. As soon as we got home- without saying a word, I dug into my nightstand drawer and took my medicine. Mal was very surprised, but she smiled and clapped at me proudly.