Chapter 41

Jason's POV

Four Days Later: November 4th

I sit in my car in the parking structure of Malarie's college, waiting for her to get out of her last class of the day. Feeling the need to, I turn up the radio, bobbing my head to the music playing. I'm trying my hardest not to groan about waiting on her to come out. I don't know why she didn't take her own car today, but she didn't.

"So we'll piss off the neighbors, in the place that feels the tears, the place to lose your fears. Yeah, reckless behavior, a place that is so pure, so dirty and raw. In the bed all day, bed all day, bed all day. Fucking in and fighting on... it's our paradise and it's our war zone. It's our paradise and it's our war zone." I mumble the lyrics quietly, not wanting anyone to see me singing a former one direction member's song. "Pillow talk, my enemy, my ally. Prisoners, then we're free, it's a thriller. I'm seeing the pain, seeing the pleasure. Nobody but you, 'body but me, body but us, bodies together. I lov-" my little concert is cut off by a tap on the window, followed by Mal opening up the door.

"Hey babe," she smiles at me, not getting in the car yet. "Oh my goodness you're listening to Zayn! All that those times you said you hated this son- my part, my part is on!" She squeals, clearing her throat getting ready to sing.

"So we'll piss off the neighbors, in the place that feels the tears, the place to lose your fears. Yeah, reckless behavior, a place that is so pure, so dirty and raw. In the bed all day, bed all day, bed all day. Fucking in and fighting on... it's our paradise and it's our war zone. It's our paradise and it's our war zone." She sings along with the music, swaying her sexy hips in a rhythmic way. She's so into it, she even closes her eyes, with me smiling at her. Then I hear a voice- a male's voice from the side of her. "Damn, I see you Malarie, I hear those vocals, girl." The man's voice is laced with nothing but a flirtatious way to it.

"Oh shut up, Quinn." She giggles, waving him off, not acknowledging that I'm still right here waiting for her to say something. "Yeah... hi, hello, I hate to interrupt your girlish giggles, but who's that?" I speak loudly, possibly scaring her, because she jumps as if I startled her.

"O-oh Jason, uh- this is um- this is Qui-" the dude lightly pushes Malarie's head away, chuckling while he bends down so I could see him better. Oh. "Hey, what's up man? My name is Quincy; Malarie and I are partners in our Business class." He extends his hand over the passenger's seat, waiting for me to shake it.

I stare at his hand for a couple of seconds, not feeling this dude whatsoever

I stare at his hand for a couple of seconds, not feeling this dude whatsoever. I look at Mal nervously tugging on her bottom lip, practically pleading with me to behave with her worried eyes. I sigh in defeat, shaking his hand one firm time and letting it go. He gives me a pleasant smile, showing all of his teeth. I being the asshole I am, I just nod my head, adjusting my Ray Bans on my face.

"Um, Jason?" Mal calls my name, still doing that lip biting thing. I also notice Quincy taking a few steps back to take a phone call. "Yes." I look at her, giving her my undivided attention.