Chapter Fifteen

Jack's giggling made me panic. He knew he was getting close to me. I

thought I picked a really good spot this time!

    "Maaacy, come out come out, wherever you are!" Jack sang in the hallway. He always said that whenever he knew I was close. How is he so good at this? How am I so bad?

    "Maaaacy?" Jack stepped into the room I hid in. He's gonna find me, again. Jack started to tiptoe, making me feel even more dumb. How can I never find a good spot?

        "Boo!" Jack grabbed my shoulder, pulling me out from behind the dresser.

    Caleb screamed for me, calling me nasty names. I calmly walked around, looking for a spot to hide in. Aaron needs to wake up soon! I ducked into a dark room, looking like an office. I crawled under the desk, pulling the chair in.

    Hopefully I'm hidden enough, it's a wooden desk, and the chair pulled in has me pinned. No way anyone would think I'm hiding here.

    "Why are you helping that prick?! I'm not gonna hurt you!" Caleb yelled, coming up the stairs. Wait, why am I helping him?

    This was literally my plan, find a way to get the police involved. I have a phone. I switched it to silence once I remembered I have it.

    Why don't I call the cops? What is the matter with me?

    "Because you are the same as him." Oh come on, not now.

    "Why would you be holding the murder weapon?" That's right, I was holding it, my hands were covered in blood. Did I really kill her?

    The door creaked open. Fuck. Fuck. There is no way he knows I'm hiding in here. The light flicked on, his breathing loud. Shit. Shit.

    "Huh, keep my phone bitch." Caleb mumbled, marching to the desk. I felt myself freeze, he found me!

    I heard Caleb snatch something on the desk, wait, could it be an office phone!? I have to stop him, right?!

    "Yoo hoo," I heard someone sing, and a struggle. I couldn't help but panic, I need to move! Kicking the chair out, peeking around the desk to see Aaron fighting Caleb.

    They completely ignored me, fixated on each other as I stood in the corner.

    Then Aaron noticed me, and smiled.

    He pulled a hammer out from his jacket, wailing Caleb in the face. I watched, as he beat Caleb's face in. Blood spattered everywhere. Spraying on Aaron's face, staining his shirt I bet. The wall had started to have the same effect as Aaron kept wacking him.

    SMACK

    SMACK

    SMACK

    SMACK

    "Aaron," I stopped him, "I think you got him." Aaron panted, dropping the soaked hammer on the floor. He let out a sigh of relief, using his jacket to wipe his face. He always wore the same leather jacket, so instead the blood smeared all over his cheek.

    "Did he touch you?" Aaron looked at me, giving me a small smile when I shook my head. Stepping over Caleb's body, he reached for me.

    I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasn't for him to smack his lips on me.

    He kissed me, wrapping his arms around me. Normally I'd shove him off, but I really don't wanna test him. When he pulled back, he suddenly frowned.

    "Are you alright? Are you squeamish?" He asked in such a caring tone, but truthfully the overwhelming smell of blood was getting to me more.

    It smells exactly like this the day Janie Anne died. So much blood, everywhere.

    "I, want to leave. Please." I looked at my hands, expecting them to be covered in blood. Aaron nodded,

        "Go ahead and wash up in the bathroom, I can take care of him quickly." I nodded, leaving the office. I shouldn't have, but I needed to see what remained of Caleb.

    His face reminded me of when Jack took one of my baby dolls and inverted the face.

XXXXX

    Aaron and I got back home after 4 hours. I don't know how he took care of Caleb's body. I haven't been in the talking mood. It all happened so fast, I'm still processing it.

    Aaron stayed in a good mood, smiling and even humming with the radio on the way home. It's like killing Caleb was a stress relief.

    Once I changed and went into Aaron's room, I decided to try to remember that day. I can try to talk myself through it, maybe I'll have better luck just doing it myself.

    Laying down, I took a deep breath, recalling the start of that day.

    We got out of school early, it was a Friday, and there was a big game. I remember planning with Kelly, about how we are gonna get ready together.

    Janie Anne was killed just a few hours after school, before I planned to leave for Kelly's.

    What was I doing beforehand? I know Jack was a room away, playing games. His room is by my room, I could hear the loud gun shots of the game.

What was I doing again? Checking my laptop? I usually check some social media stuff, before watching some videos.

Wait, I remember seeing a weird video,

"Macy? Did you hear me?" I snapped out of it, caught off guard with Aaron in my face.

"The hell are you doing?" I scooted back, almost falling off the

bed. Aaron tilted his head at me, confused.

        "I've been calling you, I made a late night meal. Come eat." He waved his hand, beckoning me to follow him. Why does he always expect me to listen? I don't even wanna be here!

    Wait, I still have Caleb's phone! I still have a way out, since I don't even need the password.

I took it out, eyeing the emergency button.

    "Mace?" Aaron popped his head back in suddenly, catching me with the fucking phone. He walked over, smiling.

        "Is that Caleb's phone? Can I have that?" He played nice, holding his hand out. No fucking way, he treats me like a child!

"Um, why?" I asked him, scooting back a bit.

"Because it can be traced."

"I turned it off." It was a lie, but I don't wanna give him it. Aaron sighed, reaching forward. When I flinched back, he roughly grabbed my arm, snatching the phone from me.

"I'll take care of it, now come eat." He beckoned again. Fuck, I hate

him.