Chapter Thirty-Nine

Mom is the master of the poker face. I've never before seen her fazed. Even when me and Jack got into wilds of trouble, she never was surprised.

    But hearing me speak of Aunt Sherry broke her.

    Mom started crying, and she nearly ran out of the room.

    "Listen, I would do anything to fix what happened. If you can't remember, then please for the love of Mary, please don't try to remember." Mom begged me.

        "I still have nightmares of it still, even when it all happened so fast." Mom wiped her tears.

    "Listen, there's no way they can convince us to relocate you with Aaron. Your dad is just stalling right now." Mom quickly sniffed, composing herself.

    "I thought you wanted me to consider hiding with Aaron." I asked, glancing to see dad quietly talking to them.

    "Consider it, yes. But I may have had a brilliant idea just now." Mom smiled. She stood up, still quickly making herself look presentable, raking her hair and patting under her eyes.

    "I gotta make a call." She hurried off to the front door, leaving.

    "She doesn't want to help you. They are going to sell you to Aaron." Darkness loomed aside me, he's louder this time. Mom and dad would never do anything like that, it doesn't make sense.

    "Look at all the trouble you cause. Aaron is your match, you're just like him."

    I only killed one person. He's hurt multiple people. Fuck I need to get out of here.

XXXXXX

    "Thanks for agreeing to talk more about this." Edward smiled. We were all back at the table, eating dinner this time. Mom returned after an hour, not telling me anything. I don't even think she's told dad either.

    "We've made a decision." Mom spoke. Dad tilted his head at her, unaware of what she's planning. It is awesome seeing it, they always are the same team, always on the same page.

    "We have?" Dad whispered.

    "What is it?" Netty smiled nervously.

        "Yeah, mom. What is it?" I asked.

    "We should move the kids to the same safe house, temporarily. Then, we set up a way for them to leave the country." Mom smiled.

    "But, we drive separately. We take Macy, you take Aaron." Mom gave Netty a sweet smile.

    "And, you agree they will be relocated together?" Edward asked. Mom nodded, and I can't tell if she's lying or what. She could be bluffing? Dad stayed silent, watching mom and me.

    "I, think we can do that, right Eddie? I would like to spend some time with him before they have to go hide." Netty raised her hand to pat Aaron's head, but he snatched her wrist.

        "Don't fucking touch me." He shoved her arm away, earning and back smack from Edward.

    "Don't talk back like that! Keep it up and only I will be taking you there." Edward threatened. Me, mom, and dad awkwardly looked at each other.

    "I say we all leave as soon as possible." Mom mentioned. Everyone agreed. I stared at Aaron, waiting for him to look at me. He glanced at me, then chuckled.

    Now I have to take a road trip, to somewhere temporarily with Aaron, then be sent off overseas with him.

    I wonder what country they are gonna pick.