Chapter Sixty

I gaped at the horror on the screen.

    The blades. She fell right into the fast swinging blades.

    The water didn't look as dark with red dying it. Blood had sprayed, getting me a little bit and the back of the boat.

    Screams.

    I screamed so loud the camera heard me perfectly. Jack stood motionless beside me as I hysterically screamed. Then mom and dad were screaming. Everyone screamed.

    Jack held me, as we sat in the boat in the middle of Sherry's blood.

    Jack leaned forward, pushing the eject button. Stopping the video and popping out the tape.

    Tears leaked down my face. All I could do was stare back at my reflection on the small screen.

    "Face it, Macy." Jack spoke, "We've always been tainted."    

    I felt myself jerk as I began to sob.

    He's right.

    I've been tainted.

    I've always been a monster.

    I knew what I was doing, me and Jack nodded at each other.

    Wait.

    I craned my stiff neck, looking up at Jack as he stood up.

    "You planned it out. Didn't you?" I accused. Jack didn't speak, he reached to snatch the tape. I smacked his arm away, taking it instead.

    "Did you plan it!?" I asked him, hiding the tape behind me. Like hell he's getting it. Jack sighed, clearly more frustrated with me than before.

    "I, misunderstood." Jack shrugged at me.

    "That's not an answer." I scoffed, how has he always been the one to manipulate me the most!!?

    "I thought they were gonna use us as bait! I wanted to do it my way, not be used by them."

    "They clearly were against it in the video!"

    "I heard it differently!! We were just fucking kids, and I just found out she was hurting you worse! I thought it would help if we both got revenge." As Jack told me, his voice got lower, slowly looking at his own feet.

        "It was rash, I know. All that I could think about was how much I needed to beat the adults to it. She hurt us the most, why do they get to kill her?" Jack whined. He actually believes that. He's more insane than me.

    "Not rash enough if you video it." I pointed out. He had to be the one to set the camera up. Jack nodded with a shrug,

        "I, may have wanted to have a keepsake of it."

    "A trophy." I corrected it. He's a fucking serial killer.

    He's been a heavy influence my whole life.

    He planned with me to kill Aunt Sherry.

    Killed Cal for hurting me.

    Manipulated me to kill Janie Anne.

    He's evil.

    How did I get so distracted, I didn't even notice Darkness looming aside me.

    Now that I look at it, Darkness looks just like the black lake with Sherry's blood.

    "You started seeing him shortly after Sherry." Jack informed me. I had fully turned, starting at Darkness.

Darkness never forms into a person, but after just watching the video, Darkness is an exact copy of the water where Sherry died.

Just no blood. No red, only dark.

Darkness didn't mess up me or my life.

Jack did.