Chapter Thirty-Five

I had already conjured up what I imagined everything would look like. I followed behind Aaron, as he opened the door.

    I expected a very classy looking interior that screams no touching anything. Fancy vases everywhere, plastic furniture, maybe even a giant statue for some reason.

    Aaron and I finally got inside, and it was pretty neat. Not as fancy as I imagined, but maybe more like no one is ever home.

    Aaron grabbed my hand, squeezing it very tight. Someone came around the corner, a small lady, wearing a slim dress, with high heels.

    She had short black hair, and wore dark eye makeup.

    "Aaron!! Eddie, honey, they're here!" She smiled big, but didn't move. She stayed still as a tall man walked around the corner. My dad is taller, but I could tell this man was scarier. He already had a scowl on his face, and combed over black hair.

    Like the woman, he wore dress pants with a button shirt.

    I'm guessing they are his parents.

    "You actually came." His dad never looked at me, only staring at Aaron. His mom ran over to me, grabbing both of my hands.

    "Hello! I'm Annette! You can call me Netty. Are you alright, do you need anything?" She asked very sweetly. I blinked, looking at Aaron. He said don't talk, I won't talk.

    "Mother, she's fine." Aaron put a hand on my shoulder. She smiled at him, wrapping her arms around him. He stood still, not hugging back. When she pulled away, she went back to me.

    "Macy, right? I apologize, we've seen you on the news. You are a very pretty young thing!" She reached to caress my cheek.

    I noticed, Aaron and his dad still stared at each other. Netty noticed too, so she quickly pulled me gently.

    "Come with me, let's get you washed up. I have a whole wardrobe for you to try out! I've always wanted a daughter you know." Netty told me, as we both walked past Aaron's dad. Shit, he didn't want me out of his sight either.

    "Mother-"

    "Let them do their girl thing. We need to talk." His dad spoke. Already I don't like him.

XXXXX

    Netty, is overbearing as hell. Turns out she wanted to help me get ready because of family dinner.

    Sitting at the table with everyone, felt very nerve racking. I was placed between Aaron and Netty, while Aaron's dad, Edward, sat across from me.

    At least my family dinners aren't this tense.

    "You know Aaron once made up a broccoli allergy? He kept telling our chef that so his meals wouldn't have any in them!" Netty told me mostly. She's been nonstop taking advantage of telling me every single thing about Aaron.

    She was so close to showing me baby pictures, but dinner was ready.

    "Are you allergic to anything? I don't want you to have an allergic reaction." Netty touched my arm gently.

    "Just carrots, it's not a severe reaction or anything." I told her. Aaron finally lifted his head,

        "You're allergic to carrots? Is that why you never ate them when I made dinner?" He asked me. I nodded.

    "Doesn't even know what she's allergic to." Edward mumbled. Aaron sighed, dropping his head back down. I've been watching him the whole time, picking at his food looking miserable.

    Netty glanced at Edward, looking too scared to say anything. Maybe she really wants to stand up for Aaron.

    "Something is very wrong here." Darkness loomed behind Edward. Oh no, not now.

    "Why meet you? What do they want?"

    No clue, but I sure as hell ain't asking.

    "They are bad people. You need to leave."

    I am very well aware I need to get the hell out of here, but right now I'm stuck. I caught Aaron looking at me with his head down.

    Man, this whole family may have more issues than mine.