Chapter Fifty

The owner of the bike, a shorter adult guy, with a full beard wearing sunglasses. He looks like he's part of a motorcycle gang, wearing a leather vest jacket with many patches, and a bandana tied around his neck.

    He's been resting on his bike, smoking a cig. Is he waiting for someone? I need to hurry, no fooling around. I got my pocket knife out, I won't kill him, maybe I can trick him. Setting my bag on the ground, I stepped around the tree, approaching him.

    "Lost there, little lady?" He smirked at me, blowing smoke.

    "Maybe, could you help with my car over there?" I turned, pointing to Jack's car.

    "Engine trouble?" He tilted his head, looking me up and down. I nodded, trying to look innocent. He took another puff, blowing the smoke while tossing it on the ground.

    I led him back over to Jack's car. I have a plan, after the hood is popped, he'll lean into the engine. Then I smack the hood on top of him. I just need to daze him long enough to take his keys hanging out of his pocket.

    Popping the hood, I stepped back for him to look. He reached forward, and I slammed the hood down.

    "Ah! Bitch!" I slammed it down again, but he easily shoved it off him, launching at me! Fuck!

    I backed up, getting my knife out quickly. I backed over to the grass, he ran for me!

    I let out a scream, even as he tripped on the curb. This is my chance! I have to stop him! My foot stomped on the back of his neck, and my hand stabbed his throat.

    Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

    Blood pooled out, soaking into the grass. Shit shit shit shit shit!

    Damn it, one thing I had to do, ONE THING! Don't kill!

    Fuck I need to do something, I have to hide him. Just until I turn myself in, if I have to confess to his murder too.

    I opened the back seat, grabbing his feet. FUCK, he's heavy! I need to hurry, anyone could drive up! He could have been waiting on someone too! I snatched his keys quickly, I can't forget them.

    Wait, I should make this look more random. I gotta take his wallet, and the fancy looking watch he has. Hell maybe I can pawn it for more money for gas.

XXXXX

    Turns out driving a motorcycle is like riding a bicycle. I haven't driven one in years, but I picked up quickly.

    I had to almost strip the guy, but taking off his boots and leather jacket helped enough for me to hide him in the backseat of Jack's car.

    I'll make an anonymous call if anything, but unless I'm caught he's not a problem for me. Hillside is close, I may even make it with what's in the tank now.

    Fuck I wish I didn't kill him, but I'm about to do the right thing anyway. I'm gonna turn myself in, but I won't confess to more murder.

    There is a small gas station on the outside of town, so I should stop. Make one call before going to Kelly's.

    Thankfully there's no one here, except whoever is working inside. I parked near the back of the building, hopefully avoiding cameras. I nearly dropped the helmet taking it off, it's been killing my neck!

    I got my phone out, seeing a lot more missed calls and messages. Jack has been still non stop calling me. Aaron called me and texted me, asking me to talk to him. Mom and dad called a few times as well as Rio.

    Fuck, I swore I'd only make one call. I didn't think they'd be on my ass this much, why can't they leave me be?

    Fuck it, I'll see what Aaron thinks.

    "There's my Sunshine." I could see his grin.

    "Ugh." Maybe it's a bad idea, he's smart. What if he finds a way to stop me?

    "You know Jack contacted me again. He asked that I tell him when I get ahold of you." Aaron told me.

        "Shocker. Are you gonna tell him?" Aaron busted out laughing,

    "No, definitely not. I'm curious though, why the sudden desire to run away from your family?"

    "Jack killed someone innocent, and I needed to get away. Everyone wants to drag me around like an object. None of you bitches ever asked what I wanted!" I lowered my voice, hardly whispering.

    "I just want to help you embrace who you are. I understand that part of you." He assured me. Oh he'll love that I just killed someone. He's so proud already I killed Janie Anne.

        "I killed someone," I don't know why I'm telling him, maybe because I already know his response.

    "That's my girl."

    "I didn't mean to tho, I just wanted to steal his ride." I glanced around, still seeing no one.

    "And you stole a car? I'm impressed, Sunshine. You know I can make those decisions for you, if you let me come get you." Ah, there it is. I hung up. Can't risk him tracing the call. I'm turning myself in tonight. No matter what.

"Scuse me, young lady." Someone poked my shoulder. I turned, getting smacked in the head. A bag went over my face!!

Not this shit!