Chapter Fifty-Eight

Silvanto drove in silence, no one speaking a word. Not even the radio was on. The only sounds were the engine and it started to sprinkle, lighting tapping the car.

I'm amazed Jack hasn't made any comments, probably because he finally learned his place. The GPS on Silvanto's phone announced, 5 miles left.

"What's your goal, Macy?" Jack finally spoke. I refused to look back at him, not answering.

    "After you know everything, what, are you gonna stay with a biker gang?" Jack spat again. Silvanto only chuckled, amused.

"What about you?" I turned around, seeing his worn face, bags under his eyes. He looks awful.

"As far as legal wise, I did nothing, I'm innocent. I can go home, back to school, even graduate. What are you gonna do?" Jack leaned forward, narrowing his eyes at me. I hated how even now, he taunts me.

    "Go home? You think mom and dad will just have your back, like nothing happened?"

"They want you home as well, but you're dumbass got caught red handed." Jack argued back.

"Got caught?" I took a deep breath, how dare he say that, when he set it all up!

    "Don't humor him, we're almost there." Silvanto ordered. I sat down, facing ahead. Jack is literally a fucking child.

It started to rain more, Silvanto stopping the car in front of the haunting lake house. The black lake looked bigger, the rain adding to it.

"Please, wait out here." I stopped Silvanto as he got out of the car. He nodded at me, getting back in. I untied Jack, letting him go inside first. The light's still worked, Jack flicked them on quickly as he marched.

I followed him round a corner, but he came back quickly with a crowbar. I stepped back, watching him storm over to a shut door. He tried the knob, then jammed the crowbar into the door. I never checked that room, it was always locked.

Jack pried the door open, waiting for me. I followed him to a freezing cold office. Maybe it was dads.

Jack didn't wait, jamming the crowbar into a locked drawer at the desk. He jammed open the door, taking something out.