Chapter Fifty-Seven

Jack hates being unkempt. He always has his hair combed, his shirts ironed and buttoned. Always dress to impress.

    I don't think I've ever seen Jack this distraught,

    He breathed heavily against the gag in his mouth, eyes bulging at me in a pleading way. Sweating face with his hair a mess. He truly must feel disgusting in this condition.

    Good.

    I pulled the rag out of his mouth, stepping back as he spat and coughed.

    "Macy, what the fuck, is going on?" He locked his eyes on me, pulling against the ropes holding his arms behind him as he sat on a chair.

    "Meet my new buddies!" I stretched my arms out, getting those around me to cheer. Jack sighed, giving me the most dumbfounded look.

    "This is where you've been? You've been partying with low life bikers?" Jack chuckled at me, trying to provoke me.

    Silvanto, who stood behind Jack, smacked him in the back of his head.

        "Ow! You fuck!" Jack struggled against the restraints.

    "Actually, can everyone clear out? Just Silvanto stay." I looked around, asking with my hands folded together. Everyone nodded, leaving quickly.

    Only me, Silvanto, and Jack remained.

    "What the fuck is this, Macy?" Jack breathed heavily still, they didn't injure him did they?

    "I want the rest of the truth. I'm in charge now." I told him, stepping closer and crouching down.

        "What's it gonna take?" I asked. Jack let out a loud annoyed sigh,

    "You belligerent idiot, I was trying to do that before you took off!" Jack snapped at me. I stood back up, tempted to slap him.

    "Fine, tell me what you were doing. What was the plan?" I crossed my arms, trying to seem intimidating.

    "We have to go back to the lake house. One last time." Jack took deep breaths, attempting to calm down.

        "Why?" I asked.

    "Because, there's something there. It will tell you everything." Jack spoke more calmly. I blinked at him, he seems sincere. Maybe there is physical evidence, I can have the whole picture.

    "Fine, we'll go to the lake house. But I'm bringing Silvanto with, I don't trust you." I told Jack, pointing at a smug Silvanto. Jack rolled his eyes, clearly defeated.

    "I'm not your enemy, Macy. I can be gone the second you know everything." Jack shrugged at me. I don't want that, I don't hate him that much. He still means a lot to me.

    "Just in case, you did sell me out to Aaron before." I pointed out, noticing Silvanto glare at Jack.

        "Oh, I'm sorry. I was trying to keep a fucking promise to you!" Jack snapped at me again. Here we go again, I sighed, turning around.

    "Macy, don't leave me like this! You know I wouldn't do this to you!" Jack started to yell. I stopped, he has a point.

    "Fine, Silvanto, will you please watch him while I go get ready?" I turned to Silvanto.

        "You wanna go now? No shower first?" Jack tilted his head. Of course he'd negotiate for a shower.

    "Take your time, let me know when you're ready to leave." Silvanto patted Jack's shoulder, causing him to recoil his face back in disgust.

    I smirked, he's so uncomfortable right now. He kinda deserves it.

    I already wanted to prepare if we had to go back to the lake house, so I planned what I wanted to take.

    I changed into something more suited, dark jeans with a long sleeve and my shoes. I had to add a thicker coat over my bones jacket, when did it start getting colder?

    Lauren gave me a small side bag, so I packed the gun Glen let me keep and my knife in my back pocket.

I shouldn't be so prepared to go somewhere with my own brother, but I can't trust him. Especially after Choi.

Silvato kept Jack's hands tied, shoving in the back of the suv. I sat

up front with Silvanto    , holding my bag close.

    "Don't worry, little needle. I won't let anything happen to you." Silvanto assured me, seeing me hug myself. It's my mental state I'm worried about.

    Hopefully, I can handle it.