Chapter Fifty-Two

Glen Ivory. The leader of The Needles. Loves magic tricks, by the way. I sat in a dark office, right across the large desk, Glen held a deck of cards.

    "Ready? Pick a card." He leaned forward, and I grabbed a card. Queen of Spades. I put it back, watching him shuffle the deck.

    "You know my pops taught me this when I was 9. Took me 3 years to actually master it." He told me, giving me a smile.

        "Now, is this your card?" He smugly lifted a card. Queen of Spades. I nodded, and he fist pounded the air. After meeting Hugo, I can see the resemblance in Glen. They both have the same eyes, but Glen had short brown hair combed to the side in a fancy way.

    His little mustache was thinly trimmed, almost looking like a black line.

    "I do apologize for my guys if they scared you. I told them to be very gentle." Glen sat up, leaning on his hand now. I get the same vibe as a teacher trying to be cool from him.

    "Um, can you please tell me why I'm here now?" I asked, nervously shifting in the comfy chair.

    "Right right. The man you killed, what do you know about him?" Glen folded his hands together, being professional.

    "Nothing, I didn't plan on killing him. Please, don't hurt me." I begged. He seems nice, but he could be planning something evil with me. Glen chuckled,

    "Man, we did give you quite a scare. I assure you, we have zero intention on harming you. If anything, I should be kissing your feet." Glen told me, opening his desk. He took out a photo of the man I killed.

    "Argo Watchman. My archenemy, if you will."

    "Huh?"

    "Yep, he's had it out for me ever since I refused to let his daughter force marry my son. He recently threatened all of my children, even my youngest." Glen told me, now digging out his wallet. He opened it, showing me a picture of his family. Two boys, and a girl. I recognize Hugo as the oldest, he looks like a nice brother.

    "You did me a huge favor by killing him." Glen stood up, walking around to me. I don't know what is happening, do I stand? Glen held his hand out to me, and I took it. He pulled me to stand, so that he could bow!?

    "Consider The Needles your best friend, Macy Vang." He stood up.

    "What? How?" I blinked, that's a dumb question. I've been all over the news! Glen chuckled,

        "We did an investigation, with some police help. I've got many friends in the right places. Argo was meeting someone at a park, but never showed up. So we looked for his motorcycle once we obtained the plates. Spotted you on a traffic camera heading into Hillside. Didn't take long to find you at the gas station." Glen explained to me.

    Damn I'm terrible at this. I wonder how this would have gone down if I called Aaron to help me cover it up?

    "I do need to ask, where is the body?" Glen nervously asked me, like he's afraid of upsetting me.

        "Um, in my brother's car. I left it at the park." I doubt it's still there, it could have been discovered by now.

    "Wonderful. Now, please stay the night. I have more I want to discuss with you, but you look like you could use some rest." Glen carefully pushed my back to the door, opening it for me.

    Wait, am I welcome to leave? Do I wanna leave tho? It wouldn't hurt to hear them out. They don't mean harm to me, he's grateful to me if you could believe it. How fucking crazy is this. I'm with a gang, a freaking gang leader bowed to me!?

    I gotta be dreaming, or hallucinating. I bet Aaron found me, and this is my imagination creating something better than being Aaron's freaking toy.

    I'll know when I take that good long nap.

XXXXX

    It's real. I woke up, and I'm still in the guest bedroom in the house of Glen Ivory. The leader of The Needles.

    It's all real.

    "They'll turn on you once they see you're a monster." I haven't heard from Darkness in a while. I was beginning to enjoy the quiet.

    At least I didn't dream.

    Macy Lacy

    It continues to haunt me. Vile, filthy memory. Jack was right, mom and dad were right. I should have left it in the dark. I was better off not knowing. How stupid of me. I could have been free from more voices.

    "Good girl, Macy. Such a pretty girl."

    "Fucking hell." I rubbed my face, already wanting to go back to bed. Why are they so much more irritating? Just go away.

    "You deserve the torment. You're a monster."

    Wow, OK. Harsh. Jill was right, Darkness is not a friend. Never was. I just liked having it around to talk to.

    "Monster."

    "Monster."

    "MONSTER!"

    "MONSTER!!"

    I covered my ears, fuck he's loud today. I'm not that evil. I'm not as evil as Aaron. I would never carve into someone, never kidnap them, never shoot someone I generally cared about.

    At least it'll be harder for anyone else to find me.

    Hell, maybe The Needles would bring me whoever I asked.

    Wait a minute.