Chapter Forty-Three

"Wait, he's ok?"

    "Yes, probably just a few fractures." Choi told me. After I ran Beanie over and Choi saw he's still alive, he decided to take him with us to the next abandoned looking cabin to integrate. 

    I've never seen a live interrogation before, I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited.

    Beanie glared at both me and Choi, mumbling threw the duct tape on his mouth.

    "Are you gonna torture him?" I asked Choi, waiting for him to finish searching the guy's phone.

        "Macy, I'm sorry but you aren't allowed to stay in the room. Your parents specifically told me to try to avoid violence around you." Choi told me.

    "Oh how lame! I promise I'll be quiet and sit in the corner!" I begged, I really wanna see Choi beat him up again. Choi chuckled, he stood up gesturing for me to leave the room right now.

    "Wait? I can't even ask him anything?" I tried, earning a push from him.

    "Sorry, just wait out here. Get some rest." Choi shut the door behind me. So unfair, I can handle seeing violence.

    I guess now's the time to negotiate with Jack, there's gotta be something I can do to get him to tell me the truth.

    "Hey, everything ok?" He answered on the first ring. I shut myself in one of the back rooms, at least it has a bed.

    "I'm fine, are you alone?"

    "In my room. Mom and dad aren't home, and Reid is with the nanny."

        "Alright, Jack," I paused, not sure how to word it. He didn't speak, I could hear him breathing, waiting.

    "I'll do anything, whatever you want. Just tell me about the lake house. Tell me what happened with Aunt Sherry, please." I hate groveling, but it's so frustrating now knowing anything! Everyone is always whispering around me, acting like I'm extremely fragile.

    Jack was quiet, he didn't speak for a few seconds before I heard him take a deep breath.

    "I, promised you. I will never let you be hurt by her ever again. Ever again."

    "And I'm telling you right now, I need to know. You know it can't be kept from me forever." I lowered my voice, I haven't heard anything from Choi. Hopefully it's going well. Jack was silent for a few seconds again,

    "You're going to one of Uncle Rio's places. Aren't you?" Fuck.

    "Yes, it's in Kansas."

    "Let me meet you there, I'll tell you everything. Just let me tell you in person. I need to be there for you."

    "Fine." He's gonna tell me, he's actually going to tell me!

        "Get some sleep, Mace. I'll see you soon." He nearly whispered.

    "Love you."

    "Love you too."

XXXXX

    When Choi finally came out of the room, there was specks of blood on his hands. He gave me a gentle smile, excusing himself to clean up.

    How can Choi be so nice after just torturing someone? I looked at the bathroom door Choi closed. I heard water running, maybe he's taking a shower. I looked back at the door where Beanie is tied up.

    Beanie had his head down, like he passed out. Still, I tiptoed in, looking around. The only difference was blood specks on the floor.

    "Seriously, I already told you-" Beanie lifted his head, shocked it's me and not Choi. His face was swollen form bruises, and his nose had a huge gash,

    "The fuck you want?" He dropped his head again.

    "Rude. I'm just curious, why is Aaron's dad ok with you killing me?" I asked, glancing back at the door. Beanie laughed, mocking me a little,

"Why is he ok with killing you? From what I hear you are a

damn nuisance, another obstacle." Beanie spat blood on the ground, lifting his head to glare at me with black eyes.

"I'll tell you what I just told your buddy. Edward is sick of cleaning up after Aaron. He planned to have you both killed in New York."

Oh shit.