Chapter 3 (no better place or time)

------
Told my mom I was writing this story and she told me I was obsessed with Ariana Grande.....

She's not wrong. But like it's the principle of the matter.
-------
Offensive joke warning I'm black so it's whatever
-------

-Y/n POV-

The sound of my phone buzzing like a bee and my ringtone get well soon stirred me out of my sleep. Grabbing the phone off my bedside table I answered the phone not even looking at the caller id. But I already had a feeling who it was.

"Hello." My voice was groggy and husky. And god damn did I need to drink some water.

"Hi my love" Hearing Ari's voice I sat up in bed rubbing my eyes "Hey baby what's up."

"Nothing I just checking in on you." Yawning I stretched cracking my back. "Well, I just woke up."

"Only now?" I sighed getting out of bed. Looking around the room I was in my childhood bedroom. Except it was kinda bare.

It used to be covered head to toe in posters of famous singers and dancers but now the walls were bare. And on the floor laid my pet dog Gnocchi a Staffordshire bull terrier. Yeah, quite the mouthful. But it's the only way we could keep him without having to deal with white Karens and their crazy Chihuahua.

"Different time zones baby. Plus the only reason I woke up is because someone was blowing my phone up." I whispered that last part god knows if Ariana heard me saying that she'd blow up.

"Sorry, I forgot about that." Walking into the bathroom I turned on the light my eyes hurting for a few seconds before adjusting to the light. "It's okay I'm gonna get ready for the day."

"Wait don't hang up I wanna stay on the phone with you." Putting my phone down I turned on the speaker "I wasn't planning on hanging up."

I could hear her sweet little giggles and it warmed my heart. Grabbing my toothbrush. I wet it and put on some toothpaste. And started brushing my teeth

But then I felt something wet run against my toes. Looking down to see Gnocchi licking my toes. "Jesus stop licking me." Pushing his head away. I had hoped that when I left all those years ago Gnocchi would grow out of his toe-licking faze when he was a puppy. But now he was basically a teenager in dog years and he still was licking my toes.

"Whose licking you? And why are they licking you?" I could hear a hint of jealousy in her voice. "It's my dog Gnocchi."

"Aww let me see him" Putting down my toothbrush and spitting out the toothpaste in my mouth I picked up my phone and took a picture of him.