Chapter 18 (while you're sleeping next to me)

—————
Why is it that almost all good Ariana Grande x Y/n stories are never finished it's really sad around here
——————

—Ariana POV—

Putting my hair down I sat down at my little makeshift desk and opened up my computer. And went to my music library. There I had some of my unreleased songs, as well as my many incomplete and just straight-up, scrapped ideas that would never see the light of day.

At first, I was gonna go and work on the finishing touches for my song just like magic. But noticing how I was currently alone in the hotel for a good twenty minutes while Y/n is out on a Starbucks run I decided to work on my love song for Y/n.

I still haven't decided on a name for the song. But seeing how I haven't even started the main lyrics and have only done the chorus I say I have some time to think about the name.

Playing the makeshift tempo I start to think of lyrics

Turn my minutes into hours. It's like you got superpowers

Made of glass the way you see through me. You got more than 20-20, babe

I mixed the words around to make it sound more uniform and fit the song better and then sang the lyrics into my microphone once done I continued.

You know me better than I do
Can't seem to keep nothing from you
How you touch my soul from the outside? Puncturing my ego and my pride

Exchanging out the word puncturing for permeate I once again sang the lyrics into the microphone until done. Then listened to how the two verses sounded together. And then played it all together with the chorus.

And I found it to be satisfactory so I decided to go on to my next verse but from the corner of my eye, I saw Y/n standing not too far from me holding two Starbucks cups and a plastic baggie. And like a teenager who was caught watching porn by their mom, I almost slammed my computer shut if it wasn't for me remembering I hadn't saved yet which meant all my work would have melted away. And I would of had to do it all over again and I'm not in the mood to do that.

"Jesus babe you scared me." I pulled my studio headphones down to hang on my shoulders. The man I had bought these from where not kidding when he said it was noise canceling.

"What song is that? Is it for your new album positions?" Opening back up my computer I relaxed in my chair "Yeah I'm thinking of it being the closure song." Y/n oohed "Can I hear it" I yelled quickly "No!" I began to stutter not knowing what to say about my sudden outburst "I'm sorry. But you can't hear it yet. It's not done." Y:n chuckled nervously. Placing down my usual Starbucks order on the table and taking a sip of her drink. "Well is there a song I can hear?"

Slowly for a second, I thought

I can't show her pov it's supposed to be about her and I want it to be a surprise. But I've already shown her all the other songs I've been working on.

"No, I don't got anything." Y/n sat down on the bed all sexily and took off her sneakers "Oh okay." Reaching into the little baggie she pulled out a big bag of nerds clusters. And started eating them shits as if they were chips. "Fuck me these are good." I just scoffed and went back to my music.

But now I wouldn't be able to finish my song with Miss Y/n sitting behind me on her phone. So I decided to just save and close down my computer.

Looking over at Y/n I felt a tad frustrated for some reason. I don't know if it was because she wasn't paying me any attention or it was because she had been nerds clusters which I knew was not vegan meaning I couldn't have any.

..... the first one.

Standing up from my chair I dragged my feet flopping down on the bed I slowly crawled my way over to her. "What's up with you ms grande." Rolling over to face Y/n I sighed.

"I'm not feeling the best. Can you do your plastics impression?" I had quite the love for mean girls and was legally blonde. So when I found out Y/n could impersonate the plastics voice spot on I fell head over heels for her.

"Sure baby." Y/n cleared her throat and started saying the lines for the part when Cady met the plastics. As I watched her I felt my heart flutter and I couldn't stop myself from recording her.

But when she noticed I was recording she broke character and began laughing. "Baby. Are you recording?" I started giggling "Think of it as a memory." I paused the recording "Seeing you do your impression makes me happy." Y/n chuckles "Baby I'll do it for you as many times as you want."

Almost immediately my mood turned sour as I thought back to someone who once promised me that. But sadly they didn't keep their promise. "You shouldn't go around making promises you can't keep." Y/n was taken aback by my sudden mood change and I wouldn't blame her. "Uhm what."

A wiped away a loose tear from the side of my eye I rolled over so my back was facing Y/n "Someone once promised me that. But sadly couldn't keep their promise. And I doubt you'll be able to keep yours" I felt my chest tighten and I found it hard to breathe as memories of him flashed through my head.

"What makes you say that." For some reason, I felt angry. "Because one day you'll leave me." I whispered the last part "just like he did." At this point, I had begun choking on my tears. Gently Y/n put her hand on my shoulder but I didn't know if it was instincts or me being in a really bad mood but I slapped her hand away. "Leave me alone."

Silence befell the two of us. Until Y/n began muttering something under her breath. Feeling the bed shift and the sounds of footsteps I sat up and saw Y/n going into her suitcase and pulling out some weed bundles "Don't even think about it." Y/n slowly looked back at me rolled her eyes and then without a word Y/n put her weed back and walked over to the nightstand where she grabbed her half-eaten bag of nerds clusters, her phone, and the room key.

Without sparing me a glance she headed towards the door and slipped on some Crocs "Where are you going." Y/n's voice came out cold and monotone "A walk." Without another word, she opened the door and slammed it close leaving me all alone in the room.

And I began to sob. I didn't know why I'd act this way when I never used to be this way. I hate being bitchy Ariana but it seemed the more and more I think about him and compare him to Y/n the more angrier and depressed I get. And I hate seeing Y/n smoke because I don't want her to get addicted to it.

I don't even know if it's possible but I'd rather kill myself than let that happen. But maybe this is my fault I'd always tell Y/n that she should act more like Malcolm and now it seems like she's taking it a little too seriously. I just hope she comes back soon because I hate being alone in bed.