Chapter 9 ( fuck a fake smile)

Bc o———————
Mhhh more family drama

Mild homophobia warning and a bunch of unsettling things.
———————-

-Y/n POV-

Looking through my suitcase I sighed. I was trying to pick out an outfit for this dinner but when it came to black people you always had to walk on thin ice with the way you dress.

Dress too fancy they gonna think you bougie dress too plainly and they gonna think you ain't know how to dress. And it doesn't end there.

But I was not in the mood to stress myself out anymore than I had to. But a part of me wanted to dress moderately lavishly to get back at my uncles who thought me studying dancing is a waste of time and money. And to show them I'm making their entire year's salary in a month from being Ariana's backup dancer.

So I decided to go for a basic but expensive outfit. For my shirt, I had a Versace white polo shirt that I tucked into my black Gucci pleated dress pants. With a blue GG supreme belt with a G buckle and for my shoes I had some black and white Air Jordans. And to top it off I had a Louis Vuitton white varsity jacket with baby blue bunny patches. And for jewelry just a Rolex with a necklace with Aris initials on it
(I hope y'all imagination is good and if it isn't look it up. These are actually clothing🥸)

Before I started dating Ariana I thought the only thing I'd ever wear that was name branded would be Jordan's And yet here I am. Dressed in Versace, Gucci, and Louis Vuitton to go and flex on my homophobic ass whole uncles. With my celebrity girlfriend.

And with my hair in y/h/s, I thought I looked pretty good.

Grabbing my phone and wallet I headed downstairs to see my mom putting on the finishing touches to my little sibling's clothes.

"Hey, why does Y/n get to dress up casually while I have to wear this stupid vest and khakis." My little brother Y/b/n grumbled. He hated wearing dress clothes and would rather just wear jeans and a T-shirt everywhere. And now he had to wear a plaid vest with a white polo shirt some khakis and some black loafers. And he wasn't the happiest.

"Because Y/n is a grown adult." Poking his nose my mother continued. "You are only nine. And it's only for a few hours. Then you can go slouch around in some gym shorts and a tank top." Dropping his head and swaying his arms back and forth her sighed "Fine." My mother fixed his curly hair one last time before pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"So is Ariana coming." My mother asked she was dressed in a simple white and black dress with her long brown hair down and curled. And though I was no makeup guru I could tell she had maybe some concealer on as well as eyeliner.

"yeah, she's coming. We're gonna meet up at the restaurant." Though the thought of having to deal with my asshole uncles on my mom's side was a bit depressing knowing that the love of my life would be there made me feel so good.

"Alright ladies and one boy it is time to go. So everyone in the car." My mom came downstairs dressed in a black and white suit. Looking at my mother and then and my mom it was obvious that they were trying to match.

"I'm gonna ride with Ivan in the Tahoe."

"Oh can I ride in the Tahoe too I've never been in one." My little sister Y/s/n spoke up she was dressed in a cute rose dress with Mary Jane and her hair in braids. "Same can I come too." My brother added in.