Ch28 ~ Vanilla Sugar High(M)

JUNGKOOK'S VIEW

After changing clothes, Jungkook decides to call Namjoon and ask about the progress of the DNA test. It's not like the issue was bothering him, he just wanted to get it over with.

He sat on the bed, dialing Namjoon's number. After a few rings, the Lawyer finally answered. "Hello?" Jungkook says first.

"Well I know why you called, so yeah, the results are out" Namjoon says, voice not as cheerful as it usually sounds, but rather tired.

"Oh.." Jungkook says... He felt nervous, he had hoped for it not to be out yet. Although he wanted to know, he just didn't feel ready. Although he tells himself that if Jihoon really is his son, he'd accept and love him like he should. But deep down, he wishes not.

He knows it's selfish, but he can't help but think about the possibilities of his marriage being unhappy. Taehyung is an angel and he already accepted the child, but Jungkook knows Taehyung too well to know that he'd still feel a little insecure.

Jungkook just wants a happy marriage life with his love.

"What would you do if it's positive?" Namjoon asked.

"What's there to do? If he's my son, he is"

"And Taehyung?"

"He'd be okay with it" Jungkook says, hears Namjoon sighs on the other end, it's definitely not because of the test. "Hyung, is everything alright?"

"Yeah... kook. I just.. works has been so stressful and I-" he sighs again..

"What?" Jungkook asked, worriedly.

"Had a fight with Seokjin and all but it's fine"

"Oh, well sorry about that. Try to make up with him and don't think about work too much" Jungkook says, scratching his nape as he really isn't the type to give advices.

"Oh look who's lecturing me about work" Namjoon chuckled "should I give the file to misoo?"

"Nah, just hand it to me tomorrow after dinner, you're having dinner with us? Right?"

"Of course, I'll see you then."

"Alright, bye Hyung."

Jungkook hung up. He sat there for a while, then got up, deciding not to dwell on negative thoughts. He walked towards the door, reached for the handle and then halt. He walks back towards the drawer by the bed, reached for the inside and pulled out a sachet of condom and lube. He slipped it into the back pocket of the sweats and left the room.

He had other ideas in mind when Taehyung asked to make caramel and no, he's not changing his plans cause of a certain blond.

Going downstairs, he met Lina and another maid, walking towards the kitchen.

"Hey, Lina" he called.

"Oh yes sir?" She answered, halting her steps and bowing a little.

"Uhm, you and the others can take a break okay? Take the day off"

"Sir?"

"Don't do any further work today, you're done for today hm?"

"But that's so sudden sir, we were just about to go make lunch, and what about dinner? Who will prepare it?" Lina asked worriedly

"It's okay Noona, we're leaving the house for the week anyway, and I want to have the kitchen to myself and tae for today"

"Oh! It's today?! Alright sir! And thanks for the break!" She beamed and quickly retreated, the younger maid bowing the following behind her.