Ch34~ THE RESULT

JUNGKOOK'S VIEW

Jungkook saw Namjoon and Jin off before heading upstairs.

Everyone had gone back to their respective homes and rooms. Mira is currently resting in one of the guest rooms; although Jimin has a room here, he had left with yoongi for the night.

Jungkook finally got to his room, he stood in front of the door for a while, a file in his hands as he tried to organize his thought in preparation for what so ever is in the file.

He thought of the possibilities of things changing after seeing the results. There's no way things are going back to normal after seeing it, even if it turns out negative, the boy is already in their life and that's a big change. Jihoon already knows Jungkook as his dad and it'll be too much for the little boy if he was told otherwise.

And Taehyung? Taehyung already said he's okay with it. But Jungkook knows his fiancé too well, Jungkook knows Taehyung would be uncomfortable... or maybe he was wrong? Maybe Taehyung really do not mind and he's only one overthinking the whole issue?

People do get married despite already having a child with someone else right? That's a very common thing at the age and time, it's not really a bad thing... right?

But still, Jungkook can not help but feel uneasy, he thinks it's unfair.

He met Taehyung 4 years ago through Jimin. Although it took them two months of knowing each other to start dating, It took Taehyung almost three years to be completely confident and comfortable enough to get intimate.

Taehyung gave him all his firsts... first kiss, first love, first boyfriend and first sex; but him on the other hand? He gave nothing, and now he's going to burden Taehyung's live with a result from his past carelessness.

Jungkook moved away from the door and allows his back collide with the wall in the side.

The feeling of being a bad husband and a possible bad father consuming him as he feels like he just wants to run away to a safe place; but his safe place is right behind that door but he's scared to open it, scared because he might go in there and ruin everything...

He lets out a bitter chuckle, his wedding is literally in a few days, and here he is, doubting is life and future.

He doesn't know how long he's been standing there, well, that's untill the door beside him flew open, the only person that has been in his mind came rushing out of the open door.

"Oh my god! Why are you standing here?! You startled me!" Taehyung gasps, his hand on his chest as he tried to recover from the shock.

Jungkook just smiles and stood up straight. "Were you going somewhere?" He asked.

"Oh course! You were taking so much time and I wanted to go look for you, you left your phone in the room so I couldn't call you" Taehyung says before walking back into the room, leaving the door open; Jungkook follows behind.

He saw that Taehyung was no longer in the clothes he wore for dinner, he's now only in an oversized hoodie. 'he must have freshened up already... how long was I standing there?' He thought.

"You're awfully quiet, everything alright?" Taehyung asked before plopped on the bed. His eyes diverted to Jungkook's hand and saw that he was holding a file.. then it all dwelled to him. Jungkook really said he'd requested a DNA test and it would be out by tonight. "What's that in your hand?" He asked, despite already knowing.

"Oh, uh- Namjoon Hyung dropped this.. it's- uh the" Jungkook stutters, he sands there like a statue, looking at his hand the held the file and being unable to form a correct sentence.

"The DNA result?" Taehyung decides to help him out.

"Y-yeah"

"Gosh" Taehyung sighs, running his hands through his hair as he lets out a frustrated chuckle. "Today was quite eventful, don't you think?" He chuckled.

Jungkook just stood there, not knowing what to say.

"From Hari coming to our house this morning, to me crying in jimins hands, us doing— what we did in the kitchen, coming here and meeting Hari again, the fuss you pulled, get together dinner, Hari's secret being exposed and now the we're gonna know wether or not my Fiancé has a child." He chuckled.

"Today's event is like a long but rushed movie, don't you think? Kookie?" He asked.

Jungkook doesn't know what to do or say, because right now, he can't read his love.

"Tae.." Jungkook starts.

Taehyung waits for him to continue, but the latter said nothing. "Did you check it yet?" He asks

"Not yet" Jungkook answers, finally moving from his spot and sitting next to the Burnett.

"Let's check it now?" Tae asks.

"Okay" Jungkook answered but still wasn't moving, he held the file tighter as his heartbeat accelerates.

Taehyung sensed his nervousness and decided to help out, he linked his arms around jungkook's and rested his head on his shoulder.

"You don't need to be nervous, kook. It's just you and I here" Taehyung smiles. "And besides, it's not like we're checking a cancer report or something" he chuckles, making Jungkook smile a little.

'Right, it's just you and I' Jungkook thought, finally getting the confidence to open the file.

Jungkook opens the file and brought out a single piece of paper document from it. His eyes immediately dropped to the bold test at the bottom.

Jungkook felt his blood run cold as he stared at the result.

(A/N Sorry it's inaccurate, I only spent about 20mins editing it on Canva lol)

This was it.

It's confirmed.

Jungkook really is Jihoon's father.

The couple stared at the paper in silence, specifically at the writing in bold which reads "Probably of paternity 99.999975%".

It's positive and confirmed, Jihoon is really his son.

Jungkook has a son.

It's a good news... right?

nothing has to change.. right?.

~~~~~~~~
Oops..

the book is coming to an end! About 5 more chapters remaining? I don't know yet but I hope you guys have been following and noticed the hints I've been dropping!
Ps. Thanks for continuously reading this book! It's my very first ff and I feel so delighted to see people actually liking it!