Ch43 ~ Fantastic

JUNGKOOK'S VIEW

Jungkook is currently in his office, face buried in his palms as he tries to organize his thoughts.

It's been two days since the first trial, since when he found out Jihoon was not his son. He just couldn't believe or, perhaps didn't want to accept it.

It's ironic, few weeks ago, Jungkook didn't want to accept the fact that he had a son with Hari, now that the truth is out, he didn't want to accept the fact that he doesn't have a son, that Jihoon is not his.

He lets out a long sigh, his palms rubbing all over his face before running through his own hair.

That day, Wooshik had confirmed that Jihoon Indeed is his, and the also carried in with the lie of being set up by taehyung and Jungkook. The hearing ended after that, and they'd be having the final trial a week from now.

"Don't stress too much kook, there's no way they'd win this case. I still have the fake DNA result Hari had given and the CCTV footage of her coming into you office which shows she approached you first." Namjoon said, but didn't get a reply from the younger so he continued. "I also went to the hospital which I sent the samples to, apparently, Hari had met with the officials and bribed them to manipulate the results, that's enough evidence to prove your innocence and that you're the real victim in this case." He finished.

There was silence in the room, with Jungkook staring into space, as tho he was lost in thought.

"And Jihoon?" He finally asked.

"Well he's still in the hands of the officials, after Wooshik and Hari is locked up, he's faith would then bevdetermined" Namjoon says, trying to be as careful with his words as he could.

"Any..." Jungkook starts, sighing. "Any chance of us getting him back?" He asked.

Namjoon didn't know how to put his answer, because there's a high chance that Jihoon would be given to either Hari's or Wooshik's family. He knew Jungkook didn't want to let go of the boy.

"Well— it depends.. if non of Hari's or Wooshik's family want him, then you could go ahead and sign an adoption paper to adopt him."

Jungkook sighs for the nth time that day. Everything is just so stressful, although the company is doing well, the have to take very careful steps as they still stand in a fragile ground.

"You got a cigarette?" He asked out of no where.

"What- I- no..?" Namjoon says, confused. "Jungkook, you just got married and you're looking like a dead man, I get that this situation is stressful, but you should at least go home and relax, you haven't been home since the trial" He said, walking towards Jungkook's desk.

"I need to make sure the company is completely stable, Hyung, I don't want to leave everything on yoongi, he deserves a break" Jungkook says before getting up, walking passed Namjoon to drop his body on the couch after reaching for his phone. He dialed a number, calling his secretary.

"Get me some cigarettes" he says, before ending the call.

"If you're so stressed why don't you just go home?" Namjoon again asked, getting overly worried for the raven head.

"Fuck— Hyung how many time should I tell you?! I got to work!" He shouts, letting this frustration get the best of him.

"Yeah okay, and taehyung?" Namjoon asked.

Silence one again cascades the room, Jungkook not know what to say, Namjoon waiting for a response.

The last time he saw taehyung was after the trial, an emergency came up at work that had him stock there till now.