' she cares '

y/n's pov ::

I sat with my legs crossed in Wednesday's bed, watching her write on her ... unusual ... typewriter. Sometimes, she would glance at me, like a side eye. When she do that, I always send her a sweet smile, and then I keep reading the words that's forming on the paper she's writing on.

"I don't get what it is that you find so amusing about this."
Wednesday spoke without even looking at me.

"I enjoy taking part in your interest, you should know that by now."

"Yes but why?"
Wednesday argued. She won't shut up around me, won't she?

"Because I am your friend, silly."
I replied, and nudged Wednesday who growled, irritated, in response. I laughed softly and adjusted my position so that I would sit more comfortably. Then I started to read my book.

"I can stop if you'd like?"
I asked, without giving Wednesday that attention that I knew that she secretly craved. The goth hummed in disappointment before she kept writing. I smiled smugly before turning pages.

"No."

I turned around.
What was that?

"What do you mean 'no'?"
I smiled proudly at Wednesday, who stared back.

"don't stop... please."
Wednesday actually cared. She cared about me not giving her the attention that she secretly craves.

"All right, princess."
I exclaimed, moving a little bit closer to the girl, who inhaled sharply, before putting her fingers on the typewriter to continue writing on her novel.

"You are such a great writer."
I whispered, kissing her cheek.

"You're making my face warm. Don't do that."
I could feel my own face lit up by her small compliment, as I pulled back a little.

"Awww!! I made you blush!"
I exclaimed, noticing the panic in Wednesday's eyes while I shouted.

"Shut it!! Yoko's next door!!"
Wednesday whisper-shouted and smacked her hand against my mouth. I giggled when she let go some seconds later, as she turned her back at me, rolling her eyes.

"Aren't you an interesting little creature."
She mumbled under her breath, while letting a small smile escape her lips.