' perfect like the sunset '

y/n's pov ::

The brief light from the sun peeking in a sunrise lit up the pages of my book as I reached after the bookmark on my nightstand. I had been up reading all night, since Wednesday hadn't shown up since the last lesson, which was yesterday at 4 PM, by the way.

I rubbed my eyes and looked around the dorm to see if my eyes could spot a sleeping black swan somewhere in the space, but I didn't. Weird. She had never been out for longer than five hours without letting me know. And now it's been thirteen. Usually she leaves notes or maybe, if she's in a slightly good mood, she'll give me a call. But nothing.

The clock showed 5:03 AM on my phone. Classes started in three hours. Well, two hours and fiftyseven minutes to be exact, but it doesn't really matter at this point. Because my girlfriend isn't here.

I began to freak out, debating on if I should call Yoko and Enid in panic to force them to help me search for the goth, or if I should open my book again and keep reading my book in peace. A few seconds went by, until I grabbed my phone.

"ENID, HELP ME, NOW!"
I exclaimed into Enid's ear as soon as she picked up the phone.

"Hmm?? What's wrong?!"
She groaned, obviously and proudly frustrated by me interrupting her beauty sleep. I could hear the duvets rassle on the other side of the phone, and then some gentle steps.

"Wednesday is missing!!"
I squealed.

"How do you know that? It's not even tuesday yet."
She said with the most deadpanned tone I've ever heard coming from her mouth.

"Shut up, Enid. This is serious. Please come over and help me."
A sigh came from Enid's side of the line before she hung up. Steps was heard from outside of the dorm and soon, a newly awake Enid came gliding in. She looked like a ghost with her long, white t-shirt that she always slept with. And she's also pale like one.

"If you know your girlfriend enough you should be able to know where her favourite spot of the school is."
Was the first thing that she said to me. I looked at her with a frown.
"What is her favourite thing to do?"

"solving crimes. Murder."
I blunly replied.

"Oh COME ON. Outside of that?"
Enid rolled her eyes until you could barely see her iris anymore, and leaned back onto the bed where she was sat.

It felt like my brain was burning from all of the thinking. She liked plants, venomous plants, but students wasn't allowed in there during the night. In the greenhouse, I mean. It's strictly forbidden and not even Wednesday Addams would dare to take the risk of breaking in.

She also liked fighting. All kinds of fighting. Nevermore has an old boxing hall but Wednesday doesn't even know that it exists. I have that under control. She's clueless. I don't want her finding more hiding spots since things like this happens.

And she also likes..
"READING!!"
I almost shouted, making Enid put her entire hand over my mouth to shush me. Then she grabbed my arm, leading me out of the dorm with a small flashlight in hand, grabbed from her own dorm. She knows me so well. I always forget these kind of stuff.

The library was pretty far from the dormitorys, and it's a risky run as well. We had to tip toe like trolls, and even then we barely made it out of the dorm. But when we finally did, we hurried to the nightshade's library.

"Do your thing, girlie."
Enid whispered and pushed me towards the statue. I snapped twice and didn't even wait for it to slide out of the way completely, before I hurred down the stairs, only to find a sleeping Wednesday against one of the bookshelves. The sight was heartwarming but heartbreaking at the same time. She reads too much.

I walked up to her and placed a soft kiss onto her forehead, waking her up.

"Cara mia.."
she groaned and attempted to sit up, but she was too tired. I reached over to the book that she had been reading before falling asleep.

It said:
Appearance spells — how to look prettier without physical changes.

"Wens.. what on earth are you doing?!"
I pulled her in for a hug as I noticed her notebook laying flat on her stomach. I could barely stop tears from forming as I read what it said.

THINGS TO CHANGE

1. Nose. Too big.
2. Forehead. Its embarassing.
3. Mouth. I look like a fish in it.
(Y/n hates fishes)
4. Eyes. Y/n must hate to look into them considering how much I hate looking at them in the mirror.
5. Left hand. Just looks weird.

There is a lot more but

Then some inaudible words that probably faded because of Wednesday falling asleep. Did she want to change her appearance because of me? I kissed her again on her lips to wake her up.

"You're the most perfect girl I know."
Wednesday sniffled, looking up at me like I was crazy.

"Hm?"

"What is this, Wednesday Addams?"
I said with tears streaming down my cheeks. When the goth realised that I had found her notes, her eyes widened in panic as she tried to grab the notebook. I stretched my arm further up in the air, preventing her from taking it from me.

"I— I just.."
her voice became unsteady.
"I've found myself unpleased with my appearance recently. People on social media is cruel. I didn't know that a smartphone could hurt a person so much. Even those without hearts, like me."

I pulled her into my arms as she returned the hug, briefly sniffling into the crook of my neck. Someone hurt her. And I'm not letting it slide.
I placed kisses all over her face and drew circles with my hand over her back.
"So this is what you have been doing for the last fourteen hours?"
Wednesday nodded.

"I want to be perfect for you."

"You already are perfect for me. You understand? You're destroying yourself. And when you're destroying yourself, you're destroying me as well. Mi amor, you look more perfect than the sunset."
Wednesday hid her face in the crook of my neck again.

"I would choose you over any sunset, anytime, anywhere."
I whispered into her ear, before leaning against the bookshelf with her in my arms, slowly falling asleep to the morning rain that had just begun splattering against the windows of nevermore.