' smile for me '

y/n's pov ::

It was late, very late actually. I was sat in my bed with a pencil in my hand and my notebook in my lap. Wednesday was late from her class which worried me a little, since she is very accurate with times.

I had just began to write chapter 14, when Enid bursted into my dorm, shouting my name. I shut my book closed and put it aside. This had to be about Wednesday. And I was right.

"Y/n!! Come with me, please."

I immediately got up and ran after Enid, who frequently looked back to see if I was following. I managed to ask what had happened but the only answer I got was:
"Wednesday needs you."

We ran through the halls of Nevermore in complete panic, and I began to hear sobs. Oh no, Wednesday. My poor baby. Enid snapped twice in front of the big statue who smootly slid aside, revealing the gap leading down to the nightshades library. The sobs got louder and louder, leading me to a devastated Wednesday in the deepest corner of the school.

"She is here now, I'm sorry for letting you wait, Wednesday."

The goth immediately stood up, rushing into my arms, and I took care of her.

"Enid, leave."
She sobbed violently, as her grip onto me tightened. I kissed her forehead while Enid nodded and smiled weakly, before running up the stairs and out of the library.

"Y/n ... y/—n ..."
Wednesday stuttered and buried her face in my neck. I stroked her back and guided her to sit down against a wall, and slowly sat down next to her as she fell into my embrace once again.

"My love, what happened?"
I whispered, kissing her cheek and held her hands. The goths tears didn't stop forming so I wiped them with my free hand and cupped her cheek.

"Am I hard to love?"
She sobbed, and rested her head in my chest. I gasped before violently shooking my head.

"No, no you are not!! I've never loved anyone easier. You know, I fell for you the moment I saw you. You are a sight for sore eyes, you feed light to my heart."
I answered her question, furious at the person who caused her this harm. My beautiful girl.

Wednesday sobbed into my arms and all I could do for now was just to sit and watch. She has never cried, and I never thought that she would.

"Thank you cara mia. I love you"
She stuttered as I stroke her by her hair and started to play with it to calm her down.

"you talk when you're ready. All right?"
The goth nodded slightly and took a deep breath, but she couldn't hold her tears in, as new ones formed in her eyes.

Wednesday's pov ::

I felt weak and very breakable, if not already broken, in my girlfriends arms. I am very lucky that this random rush of emotion came over me where my only my most intruiging people could find me. And I am very lucky that only y/n and Enid did. Or else I would've had to leave nevermore faster than anyone could say "die", and honestly I wouldn't want that.

My tears didn't stop, even if I tried. And y/n wanted answers, which I unfortunately couldn't give. But I have my memories. Memories that will be stuck with me, and I am not ready to turn them into answers.

Memories ——

— I met Thorpe's eyes as I grinned. I had finally catched him, and confronted him. He would get what he deserved and I am the reason for that. I have finally succeed with something. My first school where the mission would be accomplished.

The long haired boy stared at me like I was mad. He had both fear and furiousness in his eyes as he spoke: "If I am the monster, then why haven't I killed you?" My eyes widened as he stepped closer to me. But I didn't let him affect me. Instead, I took one more step closer to him and replied: "because for some odd reason you seem to have indulged to like me."
This time it was Xavier's eyes turn to widen, but with negative intentions.

"What's there to like?"
The words that he shot at me felt like knives. I enjoy stabbing. But not this kind. He looked at me one last time where I was standing, frozen to the floor, not able to do, say or think anything. Then he turned around and disappeared from the nightshades library. He escaped in the most cruel way than I'd ever expect from him. Maybe he was right though. I had thought a lot about those confirming words recently, thought about my greedy personality, rude words and pretty impolite behaviour. My way of not caring about anything at all. I like myself, I don't care if anyone else doesn't. But hearing it this way, in my worst period in life, was just not it. I am going to murder Xavier. I swear.

I felt my eyes get wet. Gosh not this, not crying. No Wednesday—

But it was pointless. Tears escaped my eyes along with my sobs, as I sat down in the darkest corner to not be seen or heard. I let it all out and rested my head in my knees, sobbing harder than those people on television. Those actors ain't got shit on me that's what I'll tell you.

I felt the craving of y/n's touch, and started crying heavier when I realised that not even she could hear my helpess crying. I wanted y/n here so bad, but no one else. And I was supposed to be back in her dorm to kiss her goodnight by now. I let out another sob thinking about the fact that my girl is waiting for me, me who won't come.

After a while, I could hear light steps in the staircase. Enid. I recognize her footsteps from MILES away. She does everything in a different way. Well, she is my closest friend.
"Wednesday!! Wednes—"
She called out after me, before she saw me, devastated in a corner. The werewolf ran up to me with a worried look on her face as I pulled up my hand in a stop sign. No hugs.

"All right. I get it. What happened, do you need something?"
I was just about to shook my head, before the thought of y/n crossed my mind and I nodded instead.

"Y/—n ... I need her."
I proceed to get out, as Enid quickly nodded and turned around to make sure.

"Do you want me to get y/n?"
I nodded once again and waited as she ran up the staircase again. I hope that she'll arrive fast. I need her.

I broke down again, trying to process where the wrong with me was. I used my palm to try and wipe my tears, but I was unsuccessful since it only formed new ones.

After one more while, Enid came back with y/n behind her. My girl. My beautiful girl. I started crying again at the sight of her, and stood up to run into her warm embrace, where I only sobbed harder than before.

End of Memories ——

y/n's pov ::

I looked down at Wednesday, who couldn't stop her tears even though I could see that she really tried. I pulled her closer by her chin and placed a soft kiss on her dark, plump lips. She immediately calmed down as I spoke:
"You needed that, huh?"

She nodded and brought me in for one more as I hugged her tightly. After pulling away, I asked her an important question. That I do think that she won't appreciate, but I think that she'll feel better if she accept my request.
"Can you smile for me, baby?"

I sent her a warmly smile, and I could see that she doubted her decision. Her reaction confused and surprised me, when a quite big smile decorated her lips, but it died out quickly.

"Beautiful girl."
I affirmed her and kissed her cheek, as another smile escaped her lips. I love her so so much.