' holding hands '

y/n's pov ::

"Wednesday come on!! You know that I hate those lessons!"
I whined when Wednesday showed me the new schedule that she had special designed for me. She frowned as I almost began to cry at the sight of the class. Yes. Very childish of me to cry over a class, but when it comes to drynoscholis, one of the darkest classes in school, anyone would cry if they had to attend it.

But honestly I shouldn't complain. I trusted Wednesday with my whole schedule. Little did I know that she would put at least one of the dark lessons on it.

The goth sat down next to me, putting the paper schedule on the nightstand as she let her hand rest behind my back. Her black bangs stopped her eyes to fully connect with mine as she looked at me.

"I want us to attend it together."'
Her smirk slowly died out as she saw my genuine fear in my gaze, and frowned once more.
"could you do it for me? We are friends, aren't we?"
The girl paused and I noticed a confusion in her eyes, like she had a hard time to decide what to do, before slipping out the last word of her sentence:
"Please."

My eyes widened at her unexpected move.
Please? She never says please?
I looked into her dark brown eyes as I lifted my hand to remove her bangs from her eyes, her cheeks blossoming for a second, until I left the hair to rest behind her cute little ear.

"All right. But keep in mind that it'll be the first and last time."
Wednesday nodded, before grabbing the schedule again.

"Oh. We're lucky. Our first drynoscholis class starts after lunch. We better get going."

I let out a shaky breath, accepting my fate. This was going to be my worst afternoon at nevermore.

— Time skip —

The dark room that met my eyes was the scariest shit I've ever seen.

although Wednesday's smile lit it up a little, there were no light source.

The walls were dark grey, with black desks all over the small space in front of the teacher's space. It had to be a big space for the professor, since the animals that these classes worked with could be huge. Like crocodiles or so.

The vibes of the room sent chills up my spine as the goth quickly grabbed a seat at the very front in the classroom.

"We are most likely the only ones to show up. No need to rush."
I whispered, my voice breaking as I struggled to keep my breathing pattern correct. Wednesday shrugged and turned to look at me, her eyes were glowing with lust and excitement.
"So you are really enjoying this?"
I whined.

"More than you could ever know. Are you scared, y/n?"
She replied, as I swallowed sharply. I didn't have the time to reply back, since the door to the room opened, and mr Opal walked in. His greasy hair and horrible fashion sense poking holes in my eyes as he walked past. He can be nice sometimes, but he has something against the good children, and I think that I am one of them in his eyes. But the eyes of his lit up at the sight of Wednesday next to me.

"you."
He smirked, as he made eye contact with the goth who smiled back. I squealed at their connection as his eyes wandered to me.
"...and you..."
His voice sounding more grumpy.

I moved closer to Wednesday to hide from his cruelness. I can't let him see how much I fear him.

Wednesday's pov ::

I noticed how afraid y/n was, and couldn't help but feel a little bit bad for bringing her into this when I felt her move closer to me. Probably to hide from mr Opal. I find him very interesting, but I suppose that people have different preferences. I looked down at y/n, who was not closer to her tears than ever, and I took a deep breath. How can she look so cute, even when she is about to cry?

I felt the need to do something though. It stings to see her being anxious. And not in the good way.

My hand seeked its way into her's, as she gasped a little at my touch. My fingers interlocked with hers as I stroke my thumb against her palm to calm her down. There is no one in the room with us, if you discount mr Opal. Y/n's rapid breathing didn't stop, even when I stroke my other hand over her arm, and I struggled to see why it didn't help her.

Suddenly, y/n rested her head against my shoulder and squealed again, louder this time, which caused Opal to react slightly. But he didn't react towards her or anything, he just sighed. I guess that he's used to terrified students. Or, I bet that he is.

If it wasn't for the fact that I really find interest in y/n, I would've crushed the girl to get her to shut up, but right now I just wanted to protect her. I squeezed her hand a little, to let her know that I was right there, which caused her to look up.

"We're going to do this. You and I. And I am here for you, y/n. All right?"
I whispered, as mr Opal quickly turned around.
"There will be NO OTHER voices heard than mine while we're in my classroom!!"
He shouted as y/n whimpered, holding in her tears.

"You heard me? I am here, love."
I stroke her back, not caring about my usage of the pet name. She's mine anyways. What do I have to fear?

Y/n nodded slightly as she sinked back into her chair.
"Together."