' confession '

Tara's pov ::

"Come on!! You HAVE to ask her out!!"
Chad said, annoyed about me staring at y/n for the 378th time in fifteen minutes. I glanced at the boy who was sitting next to me, bragging about his new shoes. I giggled at him a little, before replying back:
"I can't. Not now. I'll just wait a little bit more."
Chad rolled his eyes before looking over at Sam, who were probably thinking the exact same thing as him.
"What he said. Come on, you've been talking about her since you first saw her in her driveway. Now if I remember it right, it was— what— 2 years ago?"
I sighed at my sisters clever comebacks before looking back at y/n. And this time, it took me a minute or two to realise that she was staring at me too.

"She wants you for real."
Chad smirked before bursting out laughing at my dark red face, caused by this y/n... y/l/n? I don't really remember her last name. But it is not that big of a deal since the only words we've exchanged is "hi" and "bye". It won't get more interesting than that.
"Oh shut up."
I mumbeled, nudging his shoulder.

— Time skip :: 15 mins —

"All right, this is probably the 1224th time I've caught you staring at this y/n in the span of five minutes. She'll get scared if you're just gonna keep stare and not talk. So as I see it, you have two choices. Number one, you'll ask her out on a date and start to actually TALK to her—"

"Eyes can talk a lot too. You know some people actually mean that—"
I interrupted him. But he wouldn't let me talk for long either until he snatched back his words.

"—OR option two, me and Sam will ask her out on date with you FOR you. And then the date planning is up to us."
Sam's eyes widened in excitement as she turned to look at me.
"Oh my god. Okay."
I took a deep breathe while I spoke, and then I looked over at her again. She was so beautiful. Her y/h/c hair, her beautiful eyes that I could easily drown in, her PERFECT hands, her cute ears, her side profile and her wonderful nose, who was probably the most perfect human nose I've ever witnessed in my entire life.
"GO. NOW!!"
Chad shouted, making people turn heads at his loudness. I blushed harshly, as y/n was now also looking.

"You piece of shit!!! I'll go, but first I said wait!!"
I waited until people had stopped whispering while looking at me and Chad with irritated looks on their faces, before slowly beginning to prepare to actually talk to my biggest crush yet. I walked over to her, where she was sat on the lawn on a cute picnic blanket, reading a book. She was all alone, which was a very good opportunity.

Y/n's pov ::

I looked up as I felt someone looking at me, before flinching as I wasn't prepared for a person to stand less than a metre from me, looking at me while reading. I gasped, leaning back until I realised who it was. Tara.

Oh my gosh, I've been crushing on her since I first came to woodsboro, but I am a very shy human being, so I didn't have the balls to ask her out. I still don't. She was just perfect. Her dark brown, mid length hair falling over her shoulders, her pretty eyes studying me and her gorgeous sense of fashion, with her cute sweather and gorgeous jeans.

"Hey. May I sit down?"
She asked shyly, making me melt inside. I nodded a little to quickly, revealing my excitement about her presence. But the brunette just smiled, sitting down on the blanket next to me.
"So, um, What brings you here?"
I asked, having to force a smile due to my nerves who were currently dancing. You could probably tell that I was nervous by now, but Tara just smiled.

"I wanted— I wanted to ask you something. Or, like, tell you something, or I mean— well, yeah."
She stuttered. Wait, she stuttered? Was she also nervous? I smiled slightly, before letting her continue:
"So, well. I have been... kind of, checking you out, lately? Oh my god wait no that sounds so stupid I take that back shit sorry I—"
A huge smile had spread itself on my lips while she talked, and I grabbed her hand to show her that there was nothing in this world that I craved more than her words. She blushed harshly, before calming herself.
"Well, basically, I like you. And I've been liking you for probably a year or two. So, I was just wondering if you'd like to go out.. with me?"
She finally asked. I stroke her cheek, nodding softly, before adding a word to confirm:
"Absolutely."

She breathed out heavily, before leaning in to plant a soft and easy kiss on my cheek, before standing up.
"well, I already have your number written down, so I'll just text you, I guess?"
Tara said quietly, but I could see that she was as excited as I was, and I nodded and smiled before looking at her, completely blown away, as she went back to Sam and Chad, who had witnessed it all. Even the kiss, and I could hear the squeals from where I was sitting.

Tara's pov ::

"Oh my god!!! You actually did it!! What did she say?"
Sam immediately squealed, before grabbing my arm, shaking me lightly.
"She said yes. And oh my god she really is the prettiest girl I've ever seen."
I replied, while Chad chuckled, giving me an high five. I looked over at y/n, who was already staring at me. And I looked back at her eyes. It was like looking at the stars, admiring from afar.