' attention? '

y/n's pov ::

I exhaled in relief when I entered the last class of the day, fenching. I am the best in school, captain of the team. Coach decided to focus on me last term, to see my true potentials, and well, here I am. I am well aware of the jealousy that Bianca Barclay, or "queen bee" that she for some odd reason chose to call herself, has towards me. The thought of her having to live in that persona for three more years here at nevermore never fails no bring out a very good laugh from me. It was in the beginning of last term that I began my journey at nevermore academy. And believe me when I say that this school never fails to surprise me.

It has recently brought me a little interest. Maybe love, maybe plationic. Because yesterday, a new girl joined the nevermore family. Wednesday Addams. Her style is odd, and so are her personality. Pretty cocky, snorty and honestly rude. Now if you think that I have something against her rudeness, you've got me wrong. This school needs some manners.

Side eye to Bianca Barclay. That big egoistic narcissist.

I walked into the fenching halls, confident as usual. It's not that I believe that I'm better than everyone else, because I don't, but you have to be confident when you are doing fenching. The sport has actually brought me confidence, which is something that I definately need. More than anything else.

I let my ocean blue eyes glide over the light room, searching for a certain someone. The goth. She had told me that she wanted to "try out the fenching team's advance levels" which made me smirk at her. It only makes her even more attractive if she knows how to fence.

My eyes fell at a black figure with long, raven braids over her shoulders. Oh yeah, that's her. Wednesday Addams.

——————

Wednesday's pov ::

My eyes drifted across the room, searching for my dorm neighbour. I share a dorm with Enid Sinclair. She's interesting, but not as much as y/n y/l/n. We spoke earlier about her passion in fenching. Finally someone that shares that passion with me.

And there she was. In her white fenching costume, more attractive than ever. Gosh, I can't stop my eyes now.

She looked over at me, smirking. I literally can't with her smirk. It's so devilish, so harmful, but oh, so attractive. Her blonde locks makes me look like her parallell. One more reason to like her.

"Wednesday? Are you paying attention?"

Her ocean eyes, basically shining at me as she comes closer. She darkens the light, nasty spirit of the school, making it more enjoyable. She makes me feel safe.

Why is feeling safe suddenly a good feeling?

I hate color, I know. But her eyes, her ocean blue eyes, they make me doubt on that. Why is blue such a beautiful color? They remind me of the end of land, the somehow endless blue water that surrounds what our feet is now standing on. Maybe I like the ocean? I have decided. After black, Blue is my favorite color. Because they remind me of the ocean, the sky, and those eyes.

Those eyes carried by y/n y/l/n.

"Wednesday Addams!!"

The raised voice made me wake up from my thoughts. I was lost because of her. Anyways. The coach seemed pretty mad, which brought me even more joy than y/n's presence.

"Yes, coach?"
I said, unexpectedly surprised. I guess he caught me off guard. Only for y/n.

"you have been staring at y/n for nearly ten minutes now. Is there anything bothering you according to her?"

The coach's question made my face warm.
Fuck, I haven't blushed since the day at the station. You know, when I failed the piranha murderer.

A voice in my ear woke me up from my thoughts once again.
"You're all red, darling"

Y/n.

"Only for you."
I replied, earning a small frown from the coach.

"My dorm later?"
Y/n whispered. I could literally hear her wide smirk, and I ... really liked it. She wants to meet me later. All alone. Just us. Me and her.

But.. my writing time. Will I cut it off for her?

"Yes— yes ..."
I stumbled over my words.

Y/n smiled as she went over to the mat next to me, meeting Xavier Thorpe, her best friend, if I've understood her right. She's always with him, and they share their interest in art and botany.

I faced my fenching partner, Bianca Barclay, after giving y/n one last glance.

Tonight.