' stressed out '

y/n's pov ::

I grabbed Jenna's hand a little bit tighter as we walked past a group of teenage boys, barely being able to breathe as I felt their judging eyes on me and their hungry eyes on Jenna. I am well aware of the fact that the whole world wants my girl, and it stresses me out since people have started to hate on me for "taking their girlfriend from them". It's ridiculous, I know. But it's actually gotten serious now.

Jenna glanced over at me with a worried look on her face before rubbing my arm.
"What's up?"
She spoke, before pulling up her sunglasses to her forehead.

"Everything's all right, baby."
I smiled towards her as she scrunched her eyebrows, but let the conversation die out by sliding her hand down my arm to intervene it with mine.

Despite my anxiety that's been haunting me for the past few weeks, I'm actually excited for this evening. Me and Jenna are going to the met gala together, for the first time!! We even got cute matching fits, that we actually cringed out at a bit, but when we got to see the dresses we fell in love IMMEDIATELY.

I held the door open for Jenna as she giggled and pecked my lips, and we strolled into the gorgeous hotel that we were going to get ready in.

The staff greeted us warmly and lead the way to our room as I squealed excitedly, making Jenna laugh as I couldn't stand still due to my excitement. This was going to be the best night ever!!!

— Time Skip —

I gasped slightly as I took a turn in the mirror to get a full view of my look. Jenna watched me with shimmery eyes and grabbed my hand. She looked even more stunning, and I could barely breathe when she checked herself out, smiling at how happy she was with how everything turned out.

"You look absolutely breathtaking, baby."
I exclaimed, and pulled her closer to me. Her giggles decoured the room as I caressed her cheek and pecker her lips. Jenna leaned in to kiss me once more, before a staff entered the room.

"The gala starts in about five minutes, the car's outside."
He spoke calmly, before pointing with his whole hand where we should go. I still held my girlfriends hand as we basically ran through the hotel and out on the streets before entering the car that was going to take us to the met gala.

It was a short drive (luckily), so we arrived just in time. I got ready to finally open the door and walk out, when I caught sight of the situation that we were about to walk into.

The gala was FULL of paparazzis, crazy fans of both me and Jenna, but also people with disgust in their gaze when they looked at me, sitting in the car. Jenna looked at me, slightly worried as she took my hand.
"What's wrong, my love?"
She brought my hand to her lips and kissed it softly, before holding it in hers. I tried my best not to panic when I began to realise that we actually was going to go through that crowd of people.

"It's just that... big crowds of people stress me out."
Tears grew closer as reality hit Jenna's face when she herself caught sight of the big group of people.
"Oh, baby..."
She moved seats so that she sat closer to me and rested her head on my shoulder, rubbing my back.

"I had absolutely NO idea.. I'm so so sorry."
She sighed, and kissed my cheek before grabbing my hand.
"We can go home if you want? You know, cuddle and watch some movies while devouring a pizza?"

I shook my head. I desperately want to do this. I've been excited over this night for two months if not even more and I can not let my fear stop me from doing it.
"No. I want to do this."
I sighed, trying to catch my breath. Jenna moved her hand to my chest and looked me into my eyes.
"Breathe, baby.."
She spoke and showed me how to breathe properly. Tears left my eyes in relief when I realised that I had escaped my anxiety attack, and that I could finally breathe again.

"Are you ready?"
Jenna whispered. I nodded slightly before checking myself out in the rearview mirror. Then I sucked in a deep breathe and opened the car door.

Flashes from thousands of cameras met our eyes as Jenna held my hand and stood close to me. She walked slightly in front of me to protect me from people's hands as we walked through the crowd.

"Y/n why did you take her from us??"
"Jenna you look so beautiful"
"You are so cute together!!"
"Y/n!! To the left!!"
"Y/n strike a pose!!"
"Y/n, what's it like dating Jenna Ortega?"
"Jenna, what's it like dating Y/n Y/l/n?"
"You look so stunning y/n!"
"We love you y/n!!"

The shouting was overwhelming and I felt my breath get shorter again, which Jenna noticed. She pulled me closer before shouthing:
"Could you please keep a distance? We'll meet on the way out thank you!"
She kissed my cheek before pulling me into the gala and to some sofas.

"I am so proud of you for doing this, y/n"
She pulled me in for a long kiss, as I melted into it.

"I love you, Jenna."