𝑻𝒘𝒐

-Natalie's POV-

I walk into the kitchen putting the grocery bag down on the counter with a sigh. I take off my jacket throwing it onto a chair at the island as I sigh.

My phone rings in my bag again and I groan rubbing my head, my mom has been calling me all day for Christ sake. I think it may have slipped her mind that I am a teacher.

I put my hands on the counter waiting for it to ring out as I stare at the bags I have to unpack. Oh, I hate being an adult.

Once my phone rings out, I begin to unpack the groceries, I had to work late because I got caught supervising detention and there was a few students there and they would not shut up. I ended up shouting at them and thank fuck they were quiet after it.

I put the eggs in the fridge before my phone starts ringing again.

"Goddammit, mom." I speak out loud to myself.

I shut the fridge walking over to my black bag in the counter, I open it moving my laptop out of the way and reaching for my phone.

I pick it up and answer it.

"Yes? Jesus christ, I have about fifty missed calls from you, mom." I snap.

"It's Carson, Nat, we need to talk." He says and I run my hand over my face, I do not want to talk, I want to go to bed...but I can't do that since I have shit to do.

"About?" I ask, I tilt my head to balance my phone between my ear and my shoulder while I continue to unpack the groceries.

"Dad."

"What about him?" I ask.

"Did nobody call you yesterday?" Carson asks, his voice showing confusion.

"No...why?"

"Shit, Natalie." He says and I sigh to myself again.

"Spit it out, chico."

"Dads dying...this morning they said he doesn't have long left—mom called you multiple times since everyone was at the hospital except you. He wants to talk to you." He says and I freeze. Jesus Christ.

"Did he possibly lose his memory or anything like that?" I question setting the milk in my hand down.

"Natalie, this isn't the time for jokes, seriously. Just get to the hospital as soon as possible." Carson says before the call ends. I hum dropping my phone on the counter.

Of course, I am the last informed that my father is dying. That may be my own fault for not answering the phone, but I am assuming my whole family is at the hospital. I'm guessing it was a stroke or something.

My dads father did have a stroke, two times, the second being the reasoning of his death. I don't have much memories of him as I was young when he died. My dads mother, died when he was young. I don't know what of since she was never spoken about.

I put the freezer items away before I grab my keys, my dad being in the verge of death should rush me but if it was me on that bed, I wonder if he'd show up at all.

I walk down the bright hallway to where my family stands speaking amongst themselves, I fix my shirt looking down at it.

"Oh, Natalia!" I hear my mom say rather loudly, I look up at her and she's crying, more than crying she's hysterically crying, you could say.

Oh Jesus.

"Are you alright?" I ask and she shakes her head as I walk closer, she wraps her arms around me and I freeze. I make eye contact with Carson who looks like he has been crying recently too, the red eyes making me believe that.