𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

-Diana's POV-

Natalie gets home at eight. Almost four hours later than she usual is. I haven't gotten up today, I've been sleeping or crying—or staring at the wall.

The bedroom door opens and I don't look to it.

"I brought home food, it's downstairs if you want it." She says, harshly, like she's pissed off to even say it.

The bedroom door shuts and I pull the blanket over my head as I begin crying again while I curl into a ball.

Natalie didn't even bother asking where I was going when I left, she didn't even look at me. It's been two days since we've spoken. I'm so upset about it—I want to talk to her but I don't feel like she wants to talk to me. So we're just living in the same house, sleeping in the same bed without communicating really.

I walk up to the cafe, stepping inside. I look around noticing Arabella sitting at a table already. I walk over smiling at her.

"Hello, hello, hello." She stands.

"Hi, Bella." I smile wider as she pulls me into a hug.

"How are you doing?" She pulls back looking at me, I look back at her as I keep smiling.

"I'm doing okay, how are you?" I ask and she sits down at a table, motioning to the other chair. I pull it out before sitting down.

"I'm great, really. When Floyd told me about you searching for a job, I picked up my phone and messaged you right away." She smiles and I laugh.

"Thank you."

"No, no, it's my pleasure. I would have been stuck with an Assistant hired by Victoria otherwise and she isn't the best for that kind of stuff." Arabella's eyes widen slightly and I rest my hands on my lap, trying to stop my bouncing knee.

"Yeah—Could you tell me more of what I would be doing?" I ask and she nods.

"Of course. You will be managing my meetings, assisting me with photoshoots, speaking with designers...I'm a fashion director so I do have to come up with new ideas, so you will help me out with that too such as..doing research about the latest trends. There's a lot, but you will mostly be by my side, so we will be there for each other and I can help you if you're a little confused." She says and I nod.

"Okay, that's fine." I nod again, forcing my leg to stop bouncing.

"I do have some questions for you since I do actually have to interview you, this is a little messy so just bare with me." She laughs picking up her bag. I simply smile looking around the cafe.

"Well, to start with, let's discuss goals. What are your goals? It can be career goals or just personal ones, whatever you feel most comfortable with responding to." Arabella pulls out a folder from her bag before setting the bag back down by her chair.

I think for a moment, looking at her as I press my lips together. I open my mouth to speak before closing it again.

I feel my face heating out of embarrassment. What are my goals?

"Diana, take your time, I'm in no rush." Arabella smiles at me, I look at her, lifting my shoulders embarrassed. I've blown it in two minutes.

"I'm sorry." I say and she shakes her head quickly.

"You're nervous, I can hear your shoe tapping against the floor. So, let's both take a breath, okay? Then, you can take a moment and think about your answer because I'm not rushing, I want your most honest and thought out answer." She tells me and I nod quickly, she takes a breath in and I copy her. She lets it out, I do too.