𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

-Natalies POV-

I have two horses.

Alright, it's my own fault. I spoke with the owner, well old owner now and he had to move because his wife was sick. There's steps leading up to the house and it's come to the point where she can barely walk, the bedrooms are upstairs and there was many more problems with the house for his wife.

He told me it's become complicated to take care of the horses as well as clean the stable while trying to care for his wife...I offered to pay for the horses but he gave them to me for free, he's desperate and I feel awful now.

I have the keys but when I sell me and Diana's current house I'm planning to write a check for the old owner and his wife, they've moved far now to a small bungalow by the beach he told me. He honestly was looking for a lot less than this house was worth.

This house is Diana's dream home and I want to pay them more for making her dream Pinterest board happen. I did have to steal her phone during the night and figure out that damn password to figure out what kind of furniture she wants so I could just get a bit of it bought for now.

But currently, after work I have to go to the house and make sure the horses are alive and well—god this is awful. There's less than two weeks, it's alright. I'll survive somehow. I do have to clean out the horses stalls everyday so it's just great. The smell and everything is just perfect. It doesn't take too long so I can't complain too much.

The owner, Raymond messages me a lot. Helping me out with the horses, just some tips to help me since I quite literally am clueless and I am taking what I can at the moment.

Diana has been acting different since I do hide my phone incase I accidentally ruin the surprise—usually I am good at keep surprises to myself but god I feel like I can't shut up about this one.

On Saturdays and Sundays I have to do it in the dark, the horses do have to get out of their stalls so it's quite difficult. The stable leads out onto a large plot of grass, wooden fence surrounding it so there's that.

There's also an empty barn with hay behind the house and there's a beautiful chicken coop but I'm not a fan of chickens so it's empty for now.

I've spoken to Jane about Sadie too, she has a lot of space to run around and as much as I would love for her to be outside at all times, I'm afraid something might happen to her so inside for her at night.

I don't think the horses are big fans of me, one of them is grey, his name is Dash and the brown one is Sawyer. Diana is going to be very disappointed when she finds out they have names already. She can't name them anything Taylor swift related at least...although, she will probably find a connection somewhere.

The stable has four stalls so I'm praying Diana doesn't want more horses, it's grey inside, there's even a station to wash the horses, a small room with the saddles, helmets and all that.

There's another small room in the stable with cleaning supplies. There's stairs at the back of the stable leading up to two other rooms which are empty for now and also an overlook of the whole stable.

I rub my eye reaching for my coffee in the cup holder as I drive in the dark, I'm getting very tired of this horse business since I do have to drive from work then drive home again. It's tiring.

I glance to the rear view mirror noticing a car behind me, it's two o clock in the morning which is later than I usually come out here but Diana would not fall asleep...It was my fault again, I kept talking to her. Still, usually nobody is down here at this time, it leads to nowhere.

I slow down, squinting a little at the mirror trying to get a better look at the car behind me. I notice a familiar car following me despite the lights.