𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚

-Natalie's POV-

I sit back on my chair on the porch as Diana sits on the grass with Lilah making Daisy chains while My Mom is inside making sandwiches, I tried to convince her to let me help but she slapped my hand away and told me to find my wife.

My family is all here except Zack, of course...Jane and Beck also came over along with some man Jane is supposedly seeing, Michael or something.

I watch Diana carefully doing something with the daises before she sets a small Daisy crown on Lilahs head making Lilah smile widely.

"Perfect." Diana smiles and Lilah stands quickly.

"I have to go show my Mom and Dad." She runs over toward the stable where Carson, Anna, Ellie and Camila are.

Diana flattens out her dress as she kneels up.

She glances over to me doing a double take before she pushes herself up, walking toward me.

"Natalie." She smiles walking up the steps.

"Diana." I return the smile before she sits onto my lap.

"You having fun?" I question and she smiles nodding.

"Are you?" She asks and I reach down to the floor holding up a book.

"I am, I was reading till I got distracted." I set it back down.

"By what?"

"By you." I pull her closer, kissing her. Her hand goes to my cheek and she smiles against my lips.

"Oh, get a room." I hear Beck and Diana pulls back from me wiping her mouth quickly.

"Sorry—Where's Jane?" Diana stands as Sadie runs out of the house. I sit back crossing one leg over the other.

"Sitting at the countertop talking to Isabelle like a child, Michael keeps groping her though." Beck rolls her eyes and Diana shifts a little.

"Do you like him?" Diana questions beck.

"No. Not one bit."

"Me either. He makes her happy though." Diana peaks inside the house just as my Mom steps outside.

"Sandwiches." My Mom motions inside.

"I'm alright—"

"Natalia, get inside and eat. Call your brother and sister. I will not let the food go to waste." She says, Diana and Beck begin laughing as I stand shutting my mouth.

"That also goes for you two, get inside. I have glasses of water set out, it is too warm to not be having a water on hand." My Mom raises her voice, giving out as I walk down the steps and toward the stable.

"Nat." Camila says and I hum opening the gate, I shut it behind me as I walk toward the open stable.

"Mom is summoning us all for sandwiches and water." I tell them and Carson laughs.

"Come on before she threatens to ground me." I turn around.

"Sadie!" I whistle for her as she runs around the grass. I don't want to leave her out her on her own incase she's runs off into the forest.

I walk back up the steps and inside as I fix my red flannel which Diana bought me, I'm not the biggest fan of it but I haven't worn it yet and I know she thought I would love it.

"Jesus, Nat, how much of a nerd are you?" Caleb questions and I glance back over my shoulder as he looks inside the book room, I roll my eyes.

"I've written a few of them, did you know?" I ask stepping up beside him as I too look inside, it's a small room but the wall directly across from the double glass doors is completely a book shelf, as well as the wall to the left, the wall to the right has a window. There's two armchairs in here with one leg rest. Diana loves spending her evenings in here while I'm writing, she forces me to keep my office across from this room open...Just so every few minutes both of us will look up and meet each others eye, she of course starts laughing and looks away. She's adorable but I ignore her and go back to work.