𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

-Four years later-

-Diana's POV-

"Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" There's a familiar squealing causing me to wake up as a little girl bounces on me and Natalie's bed. I pull the blanket over my head while groaning, just wanting another few hours of sleep.

"Charlotte!" Leslie gives out, jumping onto the bed and I stay beneath the blanket, waiting for Natalie to deal with the two girls. I'm too tired, it's not easy being a girl who values her sleep anymore. Especially with those two.

Anyway...me and Natalie didn't take the kid thing slow. It wasn't even a year into our marriage before we really began looking into adoption and finding an agency that was for us...but at the same time—I told Natalie I wanted to have a baby—we were going to wait but I'm not patient! But, we did do a lot of research and made sure we were ready because kids aren't easy whatsoever.

It was actually Natalie's Mom who convinced us to do both adoption and have a baby...Jane wasn't a fan but me and Natalie spoke with Carson who offered to be the donor and...we found a doctor and it just happened! It worked too—the first time which we weren't expecting. We got lucky. Really lucky.

Natalie was very protective of me during my pregnancy, she always made sure I was okay—she had a reminder on her phone for when I needed to eat or if I mentioned any craving at all, she was in her car and on her way to the store before I could even finish telling her what I wanted.

Me and Natalie have done a lot of stupid things in the past...another stupidly amazing decision we made was to email back the agency that responded to us—we initially emailed them before I got pregnant—we rushed into it after thinking we knew enough...

But...while I was pregnant we spoke with the agency and from there we met Connor and Leslie. We were only looking for one kid to adopt either way but Connor and Leslie...They were just it for us, it took a lot of me and Natalie talking—I mean a lot before we decided that we wanted them to stay with us because after speaking with them it just felt right to give it a shot at least.

Leslie was only four at the time and Connor was 13, Connor was much older and me and Natalie were worried about that but we were just seeing how it would go during their stay.

Even though Connor told us she didn't want to stay with us...she told the agency otherwise. She didn't talk to us much at the start of her and Leslie's stay, Leslie was the complete opposite. She was all over me and Natalie—she called Natalie "Mom" from the first day she began staying with us but the agency said that happened a lot with the people that she would meet.

We read Leslie a bedtime story every night, we still do but we would also offer one to Connor who would decline the offer every time.

One night Natalie caught Connor crying, she told me to go to bed while she spoke with her. Natalie told me afterwards that she brought Connor's chair from her desk over to her bed and just asked her questions about herself. She asked her all about the things she liked while Connor cried...and it surprisingly worked.

Connor ended up asking Natalie to lay with her until she fell asleep, Natalie came into our bedroom later that night and we both began giggling like children. Both of us delighted because when you know, you know, right?

I gave birth to Charlotte during their stay so it was all a lot, having a new born and also wanting to adopt two kids because me and Natalie just felt that connection with them. We knew we were the people they needed and I think we needed them too from the start, to complete our family.