𝑭𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒇𝒊𝒗𝒆

-Natalie's POV-

I walk into the kitchen where Diana pours some coffee into a mug, she woke up earlier than me which is surprising.

We also had an argument last night, it wasn't necessarily a very bad one...but I wouldn't say we're on good terms yet.

I promised her a movie night and I got caught supervising detention and had extra work to do last night...she had a bad day at work, Victoria wasn't the cause of it this time...She just got stressed and upset. So we were both tired and frustrated and took it out on one another. I stayed in my office for a few hours before going to bed where she was sleeping already. I still told her goodnight and that I loved her even though she wasn't awake.

"I'll try get out of detention today." I say to her walking closer, she steps away walking to the sink.

"Diana."

"I don't want to watch a movie tonight." She speaks and I sigh picking up one of the mugs, taking a sip of the coffee.

"Why not?"

"Because—I had a terrible day yesterday and the one thing I wanted was to cuddle with my fiancée but she decided to put work above me." She meets my eye and I chew my lip noticing the hurt in her eyes. I regret it now but I was just so tired and frustrated last night.

"I didn't put work above you."

"Yeah you did! I told you about my day and you didn't even care!" She raises her voice and I put my hand on the counter, tapping my finger. She's not going to be able to handle the wedding planning. We were supposed to go look at venues Wednesday but I had to meet up with someone which she got mad about because I was being secretive.

Next week we're going to try again.

"I did care, I just had work to get done. My students needed it—"

"Yeah, because your students are more important than me."

"Why are you being like this? It's one time—"

"We don't even have a wedding venue because you went meeting up someone—which you wont even tell me who!" She shouts looking at me.

"I hardly raise my voice at you. So why don't we both talk with indoor voices instead of shouting like a child." I snap and she glares at me.

"I just wanted to be comforted yesterday."

"You need to be comforted everyday, Diana." I sigh and she lets out a breath, I realise how it sounds and go to speak again but she holds up her hand.

"Maybe because I don't have a lot of good days. I'm sorry that I'm grieving my best friend and I'm sorry that I assumed you cared about my day." She walks past me and I want to take her hand but I don't.

I sit back in my chair, waiting a few minutes to give the things I'm printing for my class time to finish. They're all silently reading at the moment.

I left this morning without another word, Diana slammed our bedroom door so I don't know if she's at home or at work.

We have had a few arguments because of the wedding stress already...they were quickly resolved and it wasn't because we disagreed on anything, one was solely because I said one of her options for the cake looked like me and Olivia's cake...it was a joke but Diana got stressed and angry—then I got frustrated. This one is a bigger one to us though.