𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

-Natalie's POV-

I chew my nail watching my phone on the desk, I messaged Diana thirty minutes ago asking when she will be home. I don't know if she's left yet because I haven't gotten a response. The last time I was got no response from her during a car ride was when...

"Miss." Someone speaks up and I drop my hand dragging my eyes away from the dark screen, I look up to three hands raised. I look to one of my students, the one who called me.

"Yes? Are you alright?" I question.

"Could I go to the bathroom, please?" She asks and I nod, I look to the other two students.

"Same question?" I speak and they both nod.

"Go on, be quick." I say as they both stand up, I'm making most of my classes do silent reading because I haven't slept in almost a week at this point. I've gotten a few hours of broken sleep all together but I just keep waking up.

Then I'm lashing out because of my exhaustion and the night before Diana left I was an asshole, I was really horrible to her, I saw the pain in her eyes and I still chose to walk away. I shouldn't have. I keep thinking about it, I wanted to apologise on the phone but I think it's better to do it in person.

I suppose I've been treating her how I treated Olivia when I found out about her and Zack which Diana doesn't deserve but I just..my mind has gone to negative place after negative place about this whole thing.

I look up just as a student leans back on his chair, I go to speak but of course, he falls back causing a bang.

The class erupts into laughter and I sigh before I put my hands to my face as I laugh a little...I drop my hands as he gets up, his face going red. I'm too tired for this.

"Are you alright?" I stand up and he smiles awkwardly, nodding as he picks up his chair, they all keep laughing as one of his friends makes a joke making him block his face.

"Alright...It's supposed to be silent reading time." I clear my throat.

"Miss, we've been reading for twenty minutes in silence—"

"Matthew, fall off your chair again, I think I saw her smile." One of the girls speak up and I sit back in my seat as most of them keep laughing, debating whether or not to give out or be nice.

"You're acting as if it's a rare case to see me smile, Raegan." I look to her and she smiles at me. The students come back from the toilet finally, taking their seats again.

"Oh, it's a very rare case, Miss." Another student speaks up and I put my hand to head as I laugh.

"If I'm correct, you all are supposed to be reading. Not giving out about me and my resting bitch face." I speak, crossing my arms. Maybe I should have picked more appropriate words.

The laughing calms down and my phone lights up on the desk, I pick up it up quickly only to see a message from Tatum.

Tatum
U and Blondie still fighting??

Natalie
She's not home, she's out of the city for work

Tatum
Bring anyone home??

Natalie
No, I did not. Nor will I be bringing anyone home, don't even suggest anything.

Tatum
Bad joke. Sorry.

Natalie
Yes it was, now go talk to Maria and sort your problems with her out.

Tatum
I said it was a joke relax snow