𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

-Six years ago-

-Diana's POV-

"She said she doesn't want to speak to anyone at the moment, Charlie. I'm sorry." I hear Jane  speaking outside the bedroom door, the bedroom which I have to call my own now.

I hate it—I hate Jane. I hate Charlie and I hate everything. I trusted Charlie with it all when he found out and he went behind my back and told Jane. They took me away from home.

Now everyone knows. My whole family—I wonder if Dad knows, if he cares?...I doubt he does, I mean he left us so easily like it didn't matter...like he didn't care so I really don't think he would care in the slightest if he found out Mom followed in his footsteps.

I put my hand to my jaw wincing at the pain since Mom slapped me, in front of both Jane and Charlie and I fell hitting the side of the fireplace which now left me with a bloody jaw.

Jane done worse to my Mom. I hit Jane though when she dragged me to the car, I slapped her across the face and told her to let me go but she didn't.

It's been a week and I have barely spoken to her, she took me away from my home, away from my Mom who needs help—she could have taken too much once I left...She might be worried...maybe.

"That's a lie—you don't know her well enough, she wants someone to talk to—and that's my job." I hear Charlie voice. I ignore him rubbing Sadie who lays on the bed with me.

This room isn't safe—it doesn't feel safe, it feels like a cage that I can't get out of. I mean Jane locked the windows so I can't jump out of them...

The door opens and Charlie steps inside, wearing his usual grey Casper shirt along with a grey flannel..his baggy jeans basically falling down.

"I deserve a thank you, Chicken." He says, walking over to the bed I sit on. I roll my eyes at his words, he doesn't understand how much I hate him right now.

"You betrayed me, Charlie. You deserve a go f yourself." I say, pulling the blanket over myself as Sadie pushes herself up, sitting up as barks at Charlie.

"I got you out of that house—"

"That was my home! My dad left when I was eleven—my family has fallen apart and you tore me away from the last things I had."

"The only thing falling apart was you, idiot! She was tearing you apart, there's a new bruise every single day—"

"I—I fell a few times—"

"Why are you defending her? Really, she's treated you like shit, you're basically a skeleton because you have to take care of yourself. I bring extra lunch to school since you never have lunch. You were going to die eventually either because of her or because of yourself." He tells me and I look down at my thin arms, I blink looking away as my head begins pounding, I've cried so much this past week it's beginning to hurt when I cry.

"Seriously, why are you still defending her?" He repeats the question and I look at Sadie who lays back looking up at me as her ears perk up.

"She's...She's my Mom, Charlie." I say quietly, blinking away the tears that still put up a fight and fall from my eyes anyway.