𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐱

-Natalie's POV-

I wash my hands again as I let the pasta cook in the pot, Diana went upstairs a few minutes ago to clean herself up or something.

I was thinking of just getting take out because I was feeling lazy and didn't want to cook..I just ended up putting on some pasta and I will make the sauce in a couple of minutes.

I didn't get an email yesterday like I was supposed to. I assumed I didn't get the job but I was in my office earlier today doing some writing and I did in fact receive an email.

I got it.

But...The school is strict, very strict at that matter. Students must wear black shoes, if they wear a skirt it must be an appropriate length, the same goes for staff, appropriate clothing. The principal has emailed me a list..of topics he wants me to teach, books, I don't have the option of books...I have a list to choose from, they are all terrible.

There is one that I read in middle school and I do have it on my bookshelf so I must reread it and then make work books about it with questions and all that...What is most confusing is that it was a book from middle school, I'm teaching at a high school. I am not particularly bothered, just confused.

There is many other rules that I have been emailed about. No phones in class, no dyed hair, no bullying of course and students need a hall pass when leaving the classroom...for anything.

"Did Josephine not come down yet?" I glance up to Diana, I shake my head and she hums walking around the counter. I look at the hoodie she has on.

I put my hand on my hip smiling slightly as I raise my eyebrows at her. Her shoulders rise as she walks over to me quickly with the guiltiest smile on her face.

"Stop, it was the only thing I could find." She wraps her arms around my waist and I roll my eyes while my hand goes to her back.

"Thief." I kiss the side of her head and she huffs pulling back from me. She looks at me for a second.

"Fine then, I'll take it off." She pulls it over her head, struggling as she does it in a rush. She holds it in her hand as she fixes the shirt she's wearing.

"That's my shirt too, beautiful." I tell her and she groans dropping the hoodie on the floor, the bun in her hair now messy.

"Don't you 'beautiful' me when you're being greedy." She scoops back up the hoodie and I laugh at her words as I take the hoodie from her hands. I fix it because she has it half inside out now.

I hand it back to her and she rolls her eyes taking it with one of her little annoyed huffs. She puts it back on slower than she took it off. She flattens it out fixing it.

"You're sucking up now." She says and I hum, I step closer putting my hands into the pockets of the hoodie pulling her closer.

She looks away from me, looking anywhere besides me. I shake my head as I lean down kissing her on the lips, they twitch while she fights the smile.

"I'm still mad." She says and I laugh pulling back.

"For what?"

"You stole my hoodie before! And my fluffy socks!" She finally looks up to me and I roll my eyes with a scoff.

"Those were my fluffy socks." I respond defending myself with the truth.

"No."

"Yes."

"No. They were mine, I bought them!" She says looking up at me with an offended look on her face while she steps onto her tippy toes slightly before dropping back down.