𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

-Diana's POV-

"Sorry for the last couple of days, things have been a little hard and—"

"You don't need to explain yourself to me, Diana." Josephine cuts me off, I glance to her before nodding as she looks back at me. I look to my boots instead as we keep walking along the concrete.

"Thank you."

"Why are you thanking me? I'm here for you, that's why you invited me right? To have someone to talk to?" She questions and I nod. I think so.

I can shower on my own now actually, without Natalie needing to help before getting frustrated because I keep teasing and being annoying. Most of my bandages are off too since the cuts from the crash are healing. I can't wait to get my casts off though, I have an appointment next week and maybe then I can?

"Natalie will be coming soon, she said she just wants to go home and get changed after work first." I say as I almost trip up a step since I'm not looking where I'm going, Josephine puts her hand on my arm to try catch me but I catch myself.

"Be careful, I don't want you breaking an ankle and that's fine, I didn't know she would be coming." Josephine says, her hand staying on my arm. I pull away, quickly so it doesn't seem rude...just like I'm walking towards the arcade.

I haven't been to an arcade since I was younger and with Charlie but I thought it would be fun to try get out of the house for awhile.

I stole Natalie's jacket though...her leather one so I hope she's not looking for it. It's really cozy actually, especially since the weather is still quite chilly but I decided to wear a skirt....with tights of course but Natalie will probably still give out to me about getting a cold...

I'm the worst patient while sick but Natalie acts like I'm dying when I do get sick...Constant check ups, soup, asking me do I need to go hospital?..She's a little dramatic when it comes to sickness but I think it's cute.

It's completely different when she's sick, she will say she's fine and go on with her day...I try get her to relax or make her soup but she doesn't listen...

"Did you come here often as a kid?" Josephine asks as we step inside, I look around at the vaguely familiar place that has been changed up since I've last been here.

Rows of machines, neon lights flashing from some games, loud beeping, explosions from zombie games I'm guessing...Along with kids yelling which Natalie will not like when she shows up.

"Not really, I came here a few times with Charlie, once with our parents when we were like seven. I can only remember us hoarding a claw machine trying to win a teddy." I smile, a few kids run past us and I quickly come to a stop before I can crash into them.

"From what I've heard about him, he was a good friend to you." Josephine says and I nod looking to her.

"The best. He was really really amazing and if you got to meet him you would agree too. He was just the kind of person...that...he was like a light, lit up every dark room—every dark day, he just..shined, always." I say as I begin walking again, Josephine walks closely beside me and I smell her perfume instead of the weird smell of the arcade...

"Is it difficult for you to speak about him?"

"Not to you." I shrug looking at her and she looks back at me before nodding, I look away when I realise how it sounds.

"Is it hard to talk about him to Natalie?"

"Kind of." I shrug, putting my hands into the pockets of the leather jacket I have on, Natalie's one.