𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

"I'm finally free." I smile as I walk outside with Josephine, Natalie's at work of course so I had to get my casts off with Josephine.

My grandmas party was today, with my Mom there and all...I was able to get out of going due to the appointment to get the casts off, so that's great.

Josephine's phone buzzes in her hand and she begins typing at it, I glance to her before looking to my hand which are now cast free. There's a scar left on my right arm though, which isn't a big deal...I don't think.

Josephine starts laughing and I look to her, she glances to me before tucking her phone into her pocket.

"Sorry, Maria sent me something funny." She smiles, taking out her keys to unlock her car. I walk to the passenger side opening the door before getting in.

"So, you and Maria are getting close, that's great." I shut the car door before pulling my seat belt across me and clicking it in. I pull at it slightly just to make sure everything's okay.

"I guess so. She's great—very funny." Josephine starts the car and I smile resting my hands on my lap.

"She is." I say and she looks to me.

"Are you jealous?" She questions, out of the blue...I begin to stutter unsure of what to say since I wasn't expecting that.

"What?" I let out.

"Of how close I'm getting with Maria."

"Why would I be jealous?" I ask her, confused—should I be jealous? Why should I be? Why is she asking this?

"Never mind, I must have read it wrong." She begins driving and I shift in my seat a little. She grips the wheel, I look at her hands before going to speak again.

"Josephine, do you want me to be jealous?" I question sitting back looking to her instead of the wheel, she keeps her eyes on the road as she shrugs.

"I just thought you might be considering..." She shrugs trailing off again and I furrow my eyebrows. What is she talking about?

"Considering what?" I ask, I straighten up while I keep looking at her waiting for a response, one which I have no idea what it might be.

"Nothing." She speaks, I watch her jaw clench, I look away confused.

"There's no jealousy, Jo...Unless you're jealous about me and Natalie." I glance to her again and she glances to me before looking away...oh she's jealous—no, why is she jealous?

"It's nothing, just forget it." She tells me and I shift again, I begin to chew at my thumb before dropping my hands.

That's so out of the blue...she wants me to be jealous of her and Maria but why would I be? I thought it was great and Natalie did too. Natalie's jealous sometimes when I'm around Josephine but that's just when Josephine's being close with me.

Oh—okay...Natalie said Josephine had feelings for me which I never took notice of because I thought it was just Natalie but now this whole Maria and Josephine thing...Does Josephine actually have feelings for me?

No, maybe it's because of the other night when she heard me and Natalie...

"Is this because of the night you and Maria met?"