𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

-Diana's POV-

I sit down on the steps outside of the house while I wait for Josephine.

Natalie left around a hour ago for an interview, she didn't say bye or anything she just left. Well, we haven't really spoke the last week since I told her I wanted Josephine to stay.

It's been kind of awkward since she's still helping me with showers, I've tried myself but it gets a little complicated..

I have been...mean to her. She said she didn't deserve it and she doesn't but I just feel angry at everything at the moment. I've tried to be nicer since I do want to share the same bed as her...but I keep ending up saying things before thinking and getting so worked up over small things.

Everyday I wake up and I go to check my phone to see if I have a hundred messages from Charlie telling me about his night or something...or asking me a weird question at four in the morning then it hits me that it will never happen again. From the moment I wake up I'm reminded. It's just hard—and so tiring so I keep getting frustrated easily.

I just miss my Charlie bear so much.

It still feels like I'm waiting for him to show up, to mess up my hair and call me chicken a million times. But that's not going to happen, he's gone and I can't bring him back no matter what I do. I feel useless for that.

Now I'm just causing Natalie stress and my ex Professor is coming to stay...she told me she was thinking of taking time off work anyway...She said she will pay Natalie for staying which I found silly.

Josephine is the only kind of friend I have...I mean I can consider her a friend. I just think maybe if I do try talk to a friend it might help—it might be stupid but I'm just trying.

Natalie hasn't said anything else about her staying, I told her a couple of days ago that she is coming today and she just shrugged. I want to kiss her and tell her sorry but I just feel like I will ruin it again somehow.

A brown BMW pulls up...Okay, wow. I stand as the car comes to a stop. I walk down the steps stepping onto the concrete while the door of the car opens and Josephine steps out looking at me.

"Josephine, hi." I smile at her and she walks up to me quickly.

"Gosh, when you had messaged me, I got such a fright when you mentioned a crash. Are you okay?" I freeze as she pulls me into a hug.

"Um..yeah—I'm fine now I just...a few other things, you know?" I ask and she pulls back, her hands staying on my shoulders as she looks at me.

"I'm so glad you are okay, besides these, are you in much pain?" She asks looking at my arms, I look too shrugging.

"No, not really, the pain has mostly stopped....Anyway, how was your drive here?" I ask her.

"It could have been worse, I don't drive much but it wasn't too bad." Her hand leave my shoulders and I nod.

"I better take some things in." She tells me.

"I would—"

"That's okay, go inside please, I'll be fine on my own." She winks before turning around, she's much more....confident out of her office.

"This is my bedroom, just down the hall if you need anything." I say opening the door, Dorothea runs out and Josephine looks at her.

"Oh, who is this?" She bends down rubbing Dorothea.

"Dorothea, just got her over winter break." I tell Josephine and she slowly picks her up as she lets Dorothea sniff her hand.