𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

-Natalie's POV-

Diana holds her towel over her chest as I hold the back of her thigh with my hand and press the cloth to the wound with the other.

She wanted to go to sleep when we came home from the funeral, I told her I had to clean her wounds and she ended up wanting to have a shower in the end.

She did end up staying a little while longer at the church after the funeral, she sat up the front for awhile by the coffin, I watched her because my eyes forced me to but I stayed near the back.

"That hurts." She says before pushing my hand away, I give her a second then press the cloth against her skin again.

"Stop, that fucking hurts!" She shoves me by my shoulder, I throw the cloth into the sink as I step away from her, the anger boiling in my own stomach suddenly.

"You're being rough." She says quietly and I laugh. I put the back of my hand to my mouth as the other goes to my hip.

"You're being a baby, would you rather let it get infected and you will be in more pain?" I question looking at her, she glares back at me. I scoff in response to it.

"Stop giving me that fucking look, I get you are grieving but the look you are giving me is not what I deserve and you know it!" I raise my voice at her, the anger taking control. I don't mean for it to but the way she has been acting towards me is more than I can take while trying to be calm.

I am just trying to help.

"Don't hurt me then."

"Have you lost a few brain cells, Diana? Seriously? I am fucking cleaning a wound you cannot expect it to feel good!" I raise my voice again and she rolls her eyes. I Shake my head stepping away.

"You're being rude." She mumbles.

"You have shoved me twice today and told me to fuck off, you have not told me you loved me—only once in a whisper that was fucking forced!" I slam my hand down on the counter, it may be dramatic of me but I am exhausted, neither of us have slept. She can't sleep for obvious reasons and I can't sleep knowing that she's awake.

"This what you're angry about? Me not saying I love you?" She questions and I drop my head before rubbing my temple.

"I am angry because you are treating me like you don't. You are acting like I am your enemy, I get that you are going through so much, I do...but don't turn against me." I tell her looking up at her, she holds eye contact with me and I see her eyes becoming watery before she looks away.

"Well...I would leave if I had somewhere to go." She says, not in her usual voice, it's much more cruel like she wants her words to hurt me.

"Kick me out if you want." She shrugs, she dips her finger into the Vaseline before putting it on her thigh acting like she has not said anything. She is capable of cleaning it herself.

"Just because you are acting like a brat won't change the fact that I care. I would never throw you out, I am just beginning to question if it was your name on this house if you would do the same." I say, she ignores me and I hum.

"I'll sleep in the guest bedroom, you're closer to the bathroom here, I don't want you limping across the hall and falling because I certainly won't be helping you up.." I say before walking out of the bathroom. I take a breath before walking to the closet, I step inside grabbing my pyjamas before shutting the door.