𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

I keep my arms around Natalie as my head rests against her chest, she keeps her lips pressed against my head, kissing gently.

"Why don't you come with us? You'll have Charlie on the way home." I ask, whispering as I don't let go of her because I'm not ready to say goodbye already.

"As much as I'd love to, I think I'd end up killing Charlie and I have a little kitten to take care of because of you." She laughs a little, she rubs my back...I still don't pull away, I inhale her strong perfume, feeling safe where I am.

"Change of plans, I'm staying." I say and she laughs, she leans back slightly, cupping my face, making me look up at her.

She smiles, looking at me and my nose scrunches as I my eyes go blurry as they water. I keep my arms around her, hugging her waist.

"Don't cry, darling." She pulls my face against her.

"I can't go, Natalie. Seriously. I don't want to, I miss you too much already." I start sobbing into her hoodie, I've been worse leaving before...It's not easy, especially since me and Natalie are very clingy, our relationship is constant touches—by that I mean our little brushes of fingers or shoulders as we walk past one another, we always touch to show our love.

"I'll come see you so soon, my beautiful girl." She whispers, running her hands through my hair as I keep sobbing since I find it really difficult...I hate leaving, I hate waking up in the morning alone, I hate not hearing the whispers while I fall asleep about her loving me, I hate not being drowned in her kisses and not being able to look into her eyes face to face.

"I hate it there, I have nobody."

"You have Professor Goldberg." She jokes calling Professor Moore, Goldberg because of that show.

"It's not the same."

"Is she that bad in bed, huh?" Natalie asks and I laugh a little, wiping my eyes as she wraps her arms around my shoulders.

"I hate leaving." I whisper, my head against her chest as we both stand against one another for a second, making the most of the last hug or physical contact for awhile.

"I hate you leaving but at least I'll have my bed to myself and not wake up with your hair in my face." She laughs and I smile, laughing too.

"Shut up, we're supposed to have a romantic moment." I tell her and she snorts.

"This isn't romantic? I suppose your definition of romantic is being bent over a desk." She says and I pull back from her as I look at her.

"No—not when afterwards it hurts to sit down!" I give out and she smiles at me.

I huff, dropping my shoulders as I realise I should go...

I glance down the driveway to Charlie's car, he sits, looking at his phone, he's used to the waiting...

"You're going to be alright." She tells me, I look back to her and she looks at me serious. I scrunch my nose up again.

"I feel so alone there...It's so difficult, having nobody—"

"You have me—"

"I can't get your hugs or anything—I cry in your hoodies sometimes—I know it's stupid but I just get so overwhelmed." I sniffle and she searches my eyes.

"I'll book a hotel close by when I go inside, I'm sure someone will offer to mind a calm cat and a wild kitten—"

"Really?" I ask, looking at her. She nods.