𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

" you lose some, you earn some

" you lose some, you earn some. "

THE MORE WE talk, the more I'm trying to convince myself that Salem isn't as annoying as I think she is. If I was going to have to stay with this woman until Aurelia woke up, I'd at least make an attempt to like her; but it's hard when all she talks about is Rory Gilmore and who was better for her. I just want her to shut up.

"Logan was the best, to be honest, but he's still up to debate with Marty. Dean is long gone." She says, for about the hundredth time, but I can't be bothered to ask her to stop because I know she isn't going to.

I'm glad Aurelia's phone had been unlocked last night, because if not, I wouldn't have been able to contact her and safely take them back to the penthouse. If I was a cruel man, I would have left Salem to take care of Aurelia herself; I'm cruel, but there was no way in hell that I was going to let my secretary get into a car crash with her drunk friend driving.

It's been eleven hours since she passed out in my arms at the club, and I'm starting to worry. I don't like bringing people from clubs back to my places, I'm not a heavy drinker anymore but the one time I decide to go out for drinks with some business partners, this happens. It was purely coincidental, but seriously, out of all the days? No amount of sorry's and hard work is able to make up for the embarrassment I had to face when I carried her bridal style in front of the three men who had our company's life in their hands.

Then again, I don't regret it. There's no specific reason besides the fact that I'd rather have my secretary and her friend crashing my house than having to go through a thousand more interviews until I find someone who can actually endure my harsh personality.

Someone like Aurelia Emberlyn.

My mind is drowning out Salem's voice as she starts to talk about Rory and Jess, I heavily sigh and roll my eyes. As I lean back in my chair, I take a sip of my piping hot coffee, looking into the gorgeous view of New York City. It's a rather gloomy Sunday, which gives me an excuse to not go into the office as early as usual. Though, I don't really have a choice with these two taking over my safe space, I can't quite leave them either so I take the time to relax and drink coffee without hearing the aggravating sound of my keyboard in between sips.

I'm only reminded of the chatter box beside me because of what she says, which has me intrigued. "But honestly, I'd rather have Rory than any of the other guys, if you know what I mean." Salem tilts her head towards me, raising her eyebrows twice and I furrow mine as she smirks. If she preferred Rory over the male love interests, that would only mean.. Oh. My thoughts quickly catch on and it's clear now what she means.

She starts laughing like a crazy person, as if she isn't one already, and hitting her fist on the table, which makes some of her coffee spill. I glare at her with my unconscious stare that can make anyone shut their mouth, and she immediately stops.