𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

" rain

" rain. "

A U R E L I A

IT'S RAINING HARD.

Too hard.

To the point that I can hear the rain hitting the roof of Salem's house even with my noise canceling earbuds.

I cover my ears, desperate to block out the sound of rain from them as I shut my eyes.

I've tried everything. Hiding under a pillow, going to the basement, earplugs, earphones, everything, yet it doesn't seem to help.

Salem immediately called when the rain had started. She knows me well enough to know that I hate the rain because of my father.

It reminds me of him too much. When I was a child, I was told by my sisters that rain meant my father was angry and even now, I can't seem to get it out of my head.

Especially considering the fact that he hates my whole entire being.

I breathe heavily, a pillow is over my head and I'm blasting Death By A Thousand Cuts by Taylor Swift in an attempt to somehow muffle it but again, it's no use.

Fuck these winds for being so harsh that Salem can't drive to me.

Three hours before this hell of a storm, Salem and I were hanging here when suddenly, she got a text from Sofia.

Of course, as the loving girlfriend she is, she left me and said I could stay here for however long I'd like which led me to this moment.

If only I left earlier, maybe this wouldn't have happened. Or it'd be an even worse situation in my own home.

"Please, dad.. Make it stop.." I mumble, rocking back and forth with my hands on both sides of my head and my knees and thighs tucked close to my chest.

The thunder and lightning only gets worse and I have no choice but to rip my earbuds off, pushing myself off of my bed. I pace the room back and forth, my hands on my ears before I wander off into the house.

Water, water, water.

I need water.

My throat is dry and closing up, I need water or else I won't be able to breathe. I take short, deep breaths and start to walk down the stairs.

I'm quick to walk over to the kitchen, my hands struggle to pull the fridge open and when I do, the first thing I grab is Salem's big bottle of water.

I twist it open and chug it, the liquid comes into contact with my throat and I'm immediately relieved. After a few seconds, I finish drinking and seal the bottle, shoving it back into the fridge.

There's a loud boom from outside, lightning, and I fall to the floor.

God, make it stop.

Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop.