𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

" speed dial

" speed dial. "

"SAL, I SWEAR to God if you're not home." I yell and my voice bounces off of the white walls, locking the front door of my best friend's house behind me.

I call out her name again as my eyes scan the entrance of the place. I get no response, making my heartbeat even faster than it was as I travel around the luxurious house.

It's modern with black, white, and gray designs all around. I hurry up the stairs, throwing my bag over my shoulder when suddenly I run into Salem and I's cat, Kalea.

"Kallie, I'm sorry, do you know where Salem is?" I bend down, petting her back as she presses her body against my leg. I chuckle to myself, not believing that I just expected a cat to respond.

"Okay, I'll see you later." I smile, getting back up on my feet and continuing to walk up the wooden stairs. My shoes stomp on the floor quite loudly, so if Salem's busy doing something, or more so someone, she can hear me.

I wander through the halls, my gaze bouncing off of the walls as I head to Salem's room. It's eerily quiet, unlike usual where we'd be laughing our asses off here, and I hate it.

Finally, I reach the door at the end of the hallway and I'm quick to push it open. My eyes widen at the sight of Salem straddling Sofia.

Sofia Rodriguez.

And, I mean Sofia "Head of fabrics at my work" Rodriguez.

"I— I can't even.."

"Shit, Ari, I'm so sorry." Salem chuckles, wiping the other woman's lipstick off of her lips as she pulls away.

"No, I'm sorry, but like—" I cut myself off, bursting into laughter as I shut the door behind myself. I use the doorknob as support to hold me up, my knees weakening with each cackle that escapes from my mouth.

"I really didn't expect that from you Sofia, I'm so sorry— This is not what I came for, but I don't mind." I bite back my chuckle when Sofia stares at me with her brown eyes, running a hand through her brunette hair.

"What's up then?" Salem asks, adjusting her clothes in her spot next to her on their bed. I sigh and shrug, slowly walking towards the two of them.

"Rainer."

"It's always that pendejo!" Sofia yells, accentuating the last word with her Spanish accent. I chuckle softly, shaking my head before rubbing my temples with the tips of my fingers.

"No, it's just.. You know, our contract and the fact that our not-so real relationship is hidden from the company. His parents found out that we were hiding it and are now threatening us, even more so me, to reveal it."

Salem gasps, bringing a hand up to cover her mouth as her eyebrows scrunch. "I swear to God, that—" She's cut off by Sofia's glare, immediately closing her mouth and leaning back while nodding.