𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

" many years, same you

" many years, same you. "

I SENSED A weird presence the second I saw Marzanna standing at my doorstep.

And Aurelia's words after she harshly swings my door open only tells me that the presence is indeed there.

"Marzanna is trying to expose us." She says in a low, breathy voice, holding up a familiar cellphone in her hand. I immediately stand up from my spot, slowly walking towards her as I reach my hand out.

"Where did you get this? Who gave you this?" I snatch the device from her hands, leaving her empty handed as she looks at me in disbelief.

"It was in the women's bathroom, okay? But that's not all, Rainer, you have to listen to me."

She's begging. Her tone is as sincere as ever and the way her innocent eyes glisten in the light tell me I should do exactly as she says.

"Sit down, Gold. Drink some water, then we'll talk."

Aurelia nods slowly and I guide her over to the couch, helping her sit down and making sure to take the phone with me as I call someone to fetch her cold water.

I look back to see her fiddling with her fingers, her eyes are focused on a blank wall and it's evident to me she's zoning out. I hate seeing her like this and I waste no more time before approaching her, immediately soothing her bouncing leg with my palm.

"It's okay, Sunshine. I'm here for you, don't worry." I say, placing a hand on her back and rubbing it up and down slowly. It takes her a moment to come back and when she does, she immediately buries herself in my arms.

"They— They called me names, Rainer.." She hiccups and I can feel her tears soaking my button up.

"Who, Aurelia? Who did?" I demand.

"Marzanna and Blair.. They called me a slut.. And that I'm a whore and—" She pauses, unable to contain her sobs. Her whimpers and cries are muffled by my body and I quickly motion for one of the employees to leave when they bring her water.

I don't know what to do.

My Aurelia is sobbing in my arms and I don't know what to do.

Part of me thinks it's my fault, while the other wants to just blame it on everyone else. But deep down, I know I have more than a quarter of fault in this situation.

Marzanna's here because of me.

Gianna and her little bitch friends insulted her because of me.

All of the things that have happened and ended up hurting her was because of me. I was with her through them yet I can't help but feel like I didn't do enough.

I wasn't enough. Like always.

Her sobs ring in my ears, her tears soak my clothes, her voice and babbles of sadness vibrate onto my body. I plant a kiss on her hair, running a few fingers through it in an attempt to calm her down.