𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

" a deal with the devil

" a deal with the devil. "

LATELY, I'VE BEEN showing up to the office more and more early. Simply because, Rainer requests me to do so, for no reason at all. He'll call me to his office when he sees I've logged in aned tells me to stay there as I do my work.

I don't mind it, his office is much more quiet and peaceful than the crowded cubicles on the twenty-fifth floor.

Besides the calm atmosphere, I also have a jaw-dropping companion. I'm lucky that in the morning, there are times when Rainer doesn't get to dry his hair properly and he comes into the office with messy, wet hair. And if God decides that I'm his favorite on that day, he'll bless me with a couple of undone buttons on the upper part of his button ups.

I blush at the thought of Rainer with more than a few buttons unhooked and his blonde hair, messy and covering his eyes, just enough for his emerald hues to stand out. The image advances, making me chuckle softly but I'm pulled out of my trance by a harsh voice calling my name.

"Aurelia Emberlyn! Hello? I'm talking to you." Sofia's mother-like tone rings in my ears.

"I'm sorry, Sof, just got distracted a bit." I chuckle and my eyes are stuck on the small screen of my iPad in front of me. I'm staring at a blank, Google document that's supposed to contain at least five pages of a report that's due later this evening. Sofia, however, is stress-free while she has the entire fabrics department running around, getting the new custom-made fabrics which are guaranteed to impress Rainer.

She's been bragging about it to me for the whole week, going on and on about how he complimented one of the samples' texture and how he commented that the color of one of them had been his favorite.

Yellow. This man, who wears black, navy blue, and dark blue suits, all in order, every week,'s favorite color is yellow.

Not the mustard yellow, not the regular yellow, or the neon, but pastel fucking yellow.

Sofia chuckles, "Well, I hope you're spacing out for a good reason or else you're dead to Mr. Ruthless." She couldn't be more true with that. I'm just holding onto a small string of hope that he doesn't suddenly call me into his office before I'm able to finish this. Knowing him though, he most likely will.

I try to get any other thoughts of Rainer out of my head as I attempt to type out a report. Sofia is sitting across from me, scrolling on her phone and occasionally checking emails on her laptop while she sips on a Mocha Frappuccino. The silence is filled with the distant chatters of other employees, the pads of my fingertips hitting each key, and heels hitting the marble.

────

A few hours have passed and thankfully, I had finished ten pages despite all of the "quick" breaks I had with Sofia.

I quickly save the file after typing out the last sentence and making sure to download it already for when Rainer asks. As I lock my iPad, my phone next to it springs to life, its shrill ring piercing my ears. Glancing at the screen, it's none other than Rainer who's contact I now changed to 'Mr. Ruthless'. I was playing life and death by changing it, risking the chance of him seeing it, though I'm sure he wouldn't really mind.